• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 Cutting coarsely on one side

whatsinaname

Hello there,

I am facing a strange problem with my FC7000 off late. The cuts are very coarse on the right side of the cutting area. I say its coarse bcos when I weed the film on the right side, it doesn't come off as smoothly as the other areas.

This happens every time I cut and is not a random issue. What could be wrong? My blade holder's plastic is slightly worn out with all the friction with the film during the cutting. Although I am looking forward for a replacement Blade holder, could it be the problem ?

Thnx

Todd M Castle

If this is only in a certain spot on the machine where this is happening, check the cutter protection strip under the vinyl where the issue is happening. If it is cut into and grooved you will need to replace that part.

whatsinaname

Cutting matt is fine..Replaced a week ago..Looks like my blade is worn out..Will try out the new 60* one from clean cut blade..

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It sounds as if the blade isn't rotating properly. When was the last time you lubricated the bearings in the blade holder?

whatsinaname

It sounds as if the blade isn't rotating properly. When was the last time you lubricated the bearings in the blade holder?

tried a new blade holder too with a new 60* blade..Results are the same..cutting is coarse on the right side (around 6 inches wide). Even the pinch rollers seem fine.

rcook99

Have you checked the head itself? Grab the entire head and see if there is movement up and down or by twisting it. (don't twist it very hard, you are just looking to see if it has any sloppyness) I am betting the head is loose. Did you try calling Graphtech support and leave a message?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Cutting roughly in which direction, X or Y?

seaserpent

Of all the plotters this supposedly "Cadillac" of plotters is the 2nd worst I've ever worked with. The first was the model before it. I'm checking out Summa's now.

SignSister

Of all the plotters this supposedly "Cadillac" of plotters is the 2nd worst I've ever worked with. The first was the model before it. I'm checking out Summa's now.

I agree! I'd love to throw it out the window! :) Every day is a new problem. How do you like your Summa?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
This definitely sounds like an issue with the Teflon cutting strip, you said that you replaced it in one of the above posts; did you make sure to remove all previous adhesive and any other dirt or debris before putting the new one in? An easy test to see if it is the Teflon strip is to run your finger along the entire length of it, does it feel like it is raised or have any bumps in it? If you notice that it has a spot that is rough or has a bump in it, compare it to the place where you are having cutting issues, if they line up then you will need to replace the Teflon strip again and make sure that you have completely cleaned out all of the old adhesive and any other residue before putting the new strip in.

Last edited by a moderator: