• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 cutting coarsely

whatsinaname

Since the past 2-3 days my FC7000 is cutting very coarsely. All of a sudden its lost that smoothness when weeding. Looked like a dull blade so changed into a new blade. Was cutting still coarsely, so got a new blade holder and cutting strip too. Then got another new blade in the new holder with the new teflon cutting strip. But......... Its still cutting the same way and I am having a hard time weeding the stuff.

What could be the issue here?

Bigdawg

Just Me
sounds like you need to adjust the downforce and maybe the offset (if cuts aren't closing correctly).... what kind of vinyl and what downforce are you using?

whatsinaname

Actually I am cutting paint protection film. The cuts are closing correctly since I have the overcut feature (tangential emulation) turned on. But overall the cuts are very rough. When I weed, the film is getting lifted along the edges.

rcook99

If you can supply a picture of the course cutting you may get more help. I will say this last time I had a problem with it cutting course it was a loose head. If you take the cutting head standing in front of the machine and try to rock it side to side there should be no movement. If there is this may be your problem. It can be fixed. Try calling Graphtec tech. support.

whatsinaname

If you can supply a picture of the course cutting you may get more help. I will say this last time I had a problem with it cutting course it was a loose head. If you take the cutting head standing in front of the machine and try to rock it side to side there should be no movement. If there is this may be your problem. It can be fixed. Try calling Graphtec tech. support.

Tried this gently. The cutting head is rock steady.