• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 cutting issue

bradsc1954

attachment.php

I am having an issue with the numbers not cutting quite right. It does the same thing across vinyl it isn't just once or in one spot. This makes me think this an adjustment issue. My settings are 16 on force, 15 speed, 4 on quality, 1 on offset. I have changed the blade. I was having issue before the blade change. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

Attachments

• Trailer side_0008.jpg
    Trailer side_0008.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 161

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What is your blade offset angle set to?...

This has nothing to do with offset. Nor poor grammar.

Offset, once set, stays set. It never, as in ever, changes unless the physical characteristics of the blade change. Specifically the distance from the tip of the blade to the center of rotation. Even if it were wildly wrong, it wouldn't cause cutting like this.

If I had a nickel for every time I gave this advice and one for every time it fixed this sort of problem...Before you start adjusting things willy nilly, remove the dust cover from the tool carriage and blow the dust and crud out of it paying paying particular attention to the blade up/down mechanism. This is the sovereign remedy for random bad cutting.

But, assuming that the examples are different pieces, this cutting isn't random. It appears the each number is identical. Which might indicate that the plotter is cutting what it's sent. Maybe.

At any rate, clean your tool carriage first then move on to other possibilities. Rest assured that offset isn't one of them. However a worn out blade holder or the blade holder hold-down and screw might be suspect. Or not.

SignosaurusRex

One other consideration... Unplug the plotter, remove the right side end cover of the machine and inspect the belt drive pulleys and belts. Make sure everything is clean and free of any debree. If the pulleys are plastic, inspect closely for any possible cracks. Some FC7000's were produced with plastic pulleys and are known to develop cracks, especially the FC700-130.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What size are these numbers? And you looked at your file to make sure this isn't what the actual shapes look like?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One other consideration... Unplug the plotter, remove the right side end cover of the machine and inspect the belt drive pulleys and belts. Make sure everything is clean and free of any debree. If the pulleys are plastic, inspect closely for any possible cracks. Some FC7000's were produced with plastic pulleys and are known to develop cracks, especially the FC700-130.

This is the problem right here. The plastic gear most likely cracked/separated and is now giving a little every time the tool moves back and forth. You can tell by the way it flattens the curves and closes the gaps too early.

bradsc1954

Looking the cutter over tonight. I noticed the cutting head seems to have a lot of extra movement. When I compare it to my smaller plotter I can take the cutter head move it front to back about a quarter inch.

bradsc1954

As I mentioned in an earlier post. The cutting head was moving front to rear, I noticed there was two 4mm holes in the side of the cutting head. I did was make a plastic bushing to hold the head out and stop the movement. Put the fix in and did a perfect test cut.

Brad