• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 dragging/cutting thick media

Supergirl

Hi,

i did a test print on motomark 4 mil plus 12 mil overlaminate, and the blade actually cuts across when switching between the shapes.
it drags across the vinyl.

i haven't done anything in this thickness before so i changed the blade to 60 degrees (using the same holder) and i just cut twice with my other decal profile.
The cut is perfect after doing it twice, i just need to avoid the cutting thru.

Figured maybe some of you know of a setting to set the knife higher between the shapes or any other ideas.

I attached a fairly high res pic so you can see the cuts. you can see it clearly on the front plate by the number 1.

Thank you for your help!

t.

Attachments

• cutthru.jpg
    cutthru.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 110

Supergirl

No ideas?

i tried retracting the blade more and cutting with 3 and 4 passes. it still drags, less but it cuts thru the material.
part of the reason might be that it's not just thick but also rubbery and not 100% flat.

i need to cut two more dirt bike graphics and it would be great if someone knew the secret to rising the blade just a tad higher between the objects.

DigiPrinter

No ideas?

i tried retracting the blade more and cutting with 3 and 4 passes. it still drags, less but it cuts thru the material.
part of the reason might be that it's not just thick but also rubbery and not 100% flat.

i need to cut two more dirt bike graphics and it would be great if someone knew the secret to rising the blade just a tad higher between the objects.

Tea, I have a 7000 as well and have cut some fairly thick Convex materials without any problems. It wasn't quite as thick as the lam was 8mil and the vinyl 6mil. I'm not familiar with MotoMark. I definitely used a 60 degree blade in the red holder. It's been awhile and I'm not at the shop but I think I bumped the downward pressure to 35 or so and put the speed somewhere around 25. I'd take some material (without printing), combo it and do some test cutting....that way you're not risking ruining prints. If I go to the shop today I will see if I can shed more.

Supergirl

The red holder might be the key there.... i don't have it :(
the 60 blade though had the same 09something description as the other one so i figured it would be fine.

I'll go shopping i guess :)

Thank you!!!! HOpe i can get one soon or locally.