• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 or FC8000, differences

messmedia

I saw one of previous posts, in which user bayshorecreations asked about choice between 5000 or 8000 cutters (they are different series, though, CE, and FC).
My question would be about same kind, but different age of cuters: FC7000 and FC8000.
Here, I can still buy FC7000, and the prices are dropped, but I wonder what news FC8000 brings?

I will be mostly using cutter to contour cut, and a little bit of flok/flex material cutting (for t-shirts)

From information on graphtec site, it seems FC8000 has imroved registration mark reading (or they just advertise it, - I NEED CONFIRMATION ON THIS), also, is 8000 better enough to consider buying it (difference in price here is around 20%).
Did You people have too much problems with contour cuting on Your FC7000, and did anyone upgraded to FC8000, and considered it a good upgrade?
Ultimatly, does FC8000 do better job, worth paying 20% more (actually, I would pay same amount of money, only, with FC7000 I can by one step bigger cutter - FC7000-100 price almost equals FC8000-75 price = around 3K euros).
Thanx for Your answers in advance :{)

Rat_Fink

Hello. I just purchased the FC8000 while my FC7000 is in for repair.

I have not noticed any major differences between the 2 cutters. Thenew model is supposed to be a bit faster.

The registration mark sensing has not worked any better for me, but it is new & I may not quite have it set up correctly. So far - it is not doing a very good job at reading the marks - I can give you more info as I mess with the settings.

The mark sensor is not really "better" as much as there are just more settings that allow you to adjust the sensitivity & so forth.

All in all - I do not see that much difference in the 8000 vs the 7000. The Graphtec rep did not act like there were many differences either.

I would prob try to get them down on the price of the 7000 a bit more & go for that one (as long as you get the same warranty/support).

Good luck!
R.F.

messmedia

^ thanx for Your answer.

However, I;ve found out about one nice improvement (from dealer I've ordered my graphtec FC8000 :{)). That difference is it have better cut-through the vinyl. Supposedly, FC7000 have option to cut all the way through, but U really have to be careful with settings, and it destroys knife AND TEFLON CUT MATE rapidly.
Now, on FC8000, also supposedly - there is a channel, or, ... rabbet (if that's proper English word) which is there to make this cut-through easier and more safe to cuter parts (so, knife can't touch the mate, and also, it lasts longer for that reason)
I believed it is true, and ordered, now, I'm waiting for it to check it out! :{)

Rat_Fink

You are correct - there is a recess in front of the teflon cut strip. The blade holder has 2 positions where you can place the tool. I was told that this was used for pouncing without damaging the teflon strip.
I have never used the cutter for complete cut-thru, but it would prob make that job easier.

It seems to be a great cutter - just not a huge improvement over the 7000 series (also a great cutter).

Take care.
R.F.

SE SignSupply

The most useful difference is when the plotter fails to see one of the registration marks. You get a mark scan error on the FC7000 and have the send the job again.

On the 8000 it tells you the scan fails and gives you a chance to help the machine locate the mark it missed. Very useful for long runs...

signage

If cutting all the way through you will go through blades much faster, you may want to get another holder for just cutting through to save on blades! JMO