• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 pen down???????????

sghobbies

Recently and sporadically the pen on the cutter has decided to stay in the down position, even while going from one cut point to the next(but not always). I can never predict when it will happen. It's driving me crazy. Now, after I select sheet when I insert vinyl, after it has read the distance coming back across the vinyl then pen drops and the cross cut blade cuts the vinyl in two. Any suggestions?

round man

you need to check the pen carriage for debris that might hinder the up and down movement on your pen(or blade holder) some times a cleaning with alchohol on a q-tip will get rid of any old vinyl scrap that may have gotten stuck to it when a cut goes bad and we've all had one sooner or later that some small detail came up with the blade when we weren't looking,.....sometimes the mechanism just needs a drop of 3 in one oil,...sometimes you end up replacing the up down solenoid,...lets hope for your sake this is not the case,....

tbaker

sounds like the pen block assembly is going bad, contact romy here on the forums, she can have someone call you to help diagnose the problem.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
you need to check the pen carriage for debris that might hinder the up and down movement on your pen(or blade holder) some times a cleaning with alchohol on a q-tip will get rid of any old vinyl scrap that may have gotten stuck to it when a cut goes bad and we've all had one sooner or later that some small detail came up with the blade when we weren't looking,.....sometimes the mechanism just needs a drop of 3 in one oil,...sometimes you end up replacing the up down solenoid,...lets hope for your sake this is not the case,....

Close but no cigar. Everything you said up to the 3 in 1 oil is gospel. But do not ever, as in ever, lubricate the up/down mechanism. If you do all you'll accomplish is to make a first class dust catcher out of it.

I'm not certain but the actual mechanism is more likely a variety of voice coil rather than a solenoid. I should think that solenoids are much too slow and one dimensional for this sort of application. If I'm correct then I can guarantee that it wants to run dry.