• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 Pulling up corners while cutting

Pitchblack98

I've been struggling with this for a little bit now and am at a loss to get it fixed. I've tried a new blade/spring, adjusting the blade, and different settings, but can't see to get it to cut corners cleanly. Right now I have everything set as follows. Force 13, Speed 20, Quality 3, and Offset 0. It's a little better, but still not cutting cleanly. I'm also cutting Gerber 220 cast vinyl. Ive attached an image of what my test cuts look like. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 2016-04-19 20.21.34.jpg
    2016-04-19 20.21.34.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 106

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I grow weary of typing this, doesn't anyone ever listen?

First remove the blade holder, unscrew the cap, remove the blade and spring, and with a toothpick lubricate the tiny ball bearings up inside with just a wee bit of silicone grease. Then you need to remove the dust cover from the tool carriage and blow out the accumulated dust and crud. Pay particular attention to the blade up/down mechanism.

Anytime a plotter does this suspect a dull blade, and/or a blade that's not rotating properly, and/or a contaminated blade positioning mechanism It doesn't take much to slow the blade rotation and positioning. 99% of the time some combination of these actions will clear up this sort of problem.The other 1% is usually about belts and pulleys.

Pitchblack98

I have lubricated the bearing in the blade holder several times and that didn't help. Forgot to mention that in my original post. I haven't taken the dust cover off of the tool carriage yet. I'll give that a try tomorrow morning and see if blowing it out makes a difference. I'll lubricate the bearings one more time as well while I have it apart. Thanks for the advice.

Pitchblack98

Sorry for bumping this back up after starting a new thread with a new problem. I'm starting to feel like a misfit here with nothing but problems. lol

I still haven't been able to figure this one out. I have thoroughly cleaned the blade holder and lubricated the bearings several times. Also, the carriage has been blown out. None of those made any changes in the way its cutting.

I have made it better by making several adjustments to the blade depth, pressure, and speed, but it is still pulling up the corners. Although those adjustments have had the side effect of causing some areas to not completely cut making weeding difficult. I have even replaced the cutting strip. My next course of action is getting a new blade holder and hope that makes a difference.

papabud

Lone Wolf
when you changed the strip, did you clean the channel it rest in, is it all scared up. i didnt clean under the stipe good enough once and it through off all my cutting.