• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 reg mark issues

TresL

Searched several threads and didn't see anything like this.

Mine has an issue reading Reg mark #3.(4 reg marks)
It stops about 1/2" short before it get to the mark, then scans the white area before the mark.
I'm using type 2.
.75" long

I did a factory reset, offset adjustments/calibration still no luck.

it will read mark #3 about once every 20 times.
Anybody else have this issue?
I just started using the FC7000 for contour/perf cutting, I'm printing on a Roland.

scallahan

Have you tried using type 1 marks. I have never been able to get the type 2 marks to works on my machine, but have very few problems when using the type 1 marks.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Have you tried using type 1 marks. I have never been able to get the type 2 marks to works on my machine, but have very few problems when using the type 1 marks.

Nonsense. If it can deal with type 1 marks it can deal with type 2 marks. Actually the type 2 marks are marginally better in that the media and carriage travel is slightly less than with the type 1 marks.

If the carriage constantly stops short of mark #3 I'd have a serious look at the feed compensation both on the printer and on the plotter.

Try this...load the media, set the blade in the vicinity of mark #1, make sure that the plotter is set for the type of mark you're using, set the plotter to Auto Reg and invoke the Auto sense on the plotter. If that process ends up reading the marks, then the problem is almost certainly feed compensation. If it doesn't read the marks, then try the plotter's Manual sense mode where you manually position the blade at each mark. If this also fails either you have the left pinch roller on the plotter too close to marks #3 and #4 or the plotter has problems.

Note that even if it the plotter reads the marks successfully it won't do you any good unless the software you;re using publishes the exact size of the rectangle described by the marks. Flexi does not publish this, I can't speak for any other package. Nonetheless, without that information you cannot input the proper X and Y correction factors prompted for at the end of the mark scan.

TresL

Thanks, I will give that a try as well.

So far my test runs with type 1 have worked spot on.
I will test a full size print in the morn. (27"x 40")

The test I did was at full width, but only 20" long.

I have measured the printed reg marks as well, they are dead on with the size the software has.

TresL

So far about 50% using type 1.
Much better than using type however.

Same results using auto scan.

TresL

The answer may be letting cut master set the reg marks, not converting the box as most all the videos show.

If I do that, I'm running about 90% finding the marks.

LittleSnakey

our fc-8000 ran most consistantly by saving the plt file out of flexi and opening that in cutmaster.

even then it never could find the crop marks all the time. we sent it back and bought a summa

TresL

Quick update:

Still having issues
Seems to be better with type 1 marks
Always have to put some tape on mark #4 for it to find the mark.
Graphtec sayes it a software issue and had me reload Cut Master.

I Loaded it an extra laptop I had with ILL., still same issue.

Type 2 marks won't even go past the first mark 90% of the time.

So for the time being, I still put my Roland reg marks as well when they print.
The Roland reads spot on EVERY time. same material, same room light, etc....

TresL

Started it up this morn. the head changed it's home to the far left instead of the far right where it's always been set to?

Kind of strange.

whgjettdesigns

I am using the fc7000-75 using flexi rip and i can't get it to read using type 1 or type 2 marks. Mine will only work at random. I have been trying to get the same sticker cut for the past two nights and cant get it to work. Any adivse to try?

TresL

Try and put some some matte clear over the reg marks(Scotch tape)

I'm having better luck with mine now.
But, still not 100%.

whgjettdesigns

is there anyone out there that would be willing to give me a call and help me, i have got to get this thing cutting, and nothing I have done has worked. I really need help. if you are willing to call me and help i will give my number. thanks

whgjettdesigns

I have tried everything, now im sure i have totally messed up all the settings. It wont even read the first one now. Please someone message me and give me a call on what to do. Graphtec will not return my calls i have to get this going

rigosign

I have had this problem a couple of times and usually its because I cut the paper too short, or that the reg mark is too close to the plotter wheel.