• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 tracking

ChooChoo

I have a FC7000 that I can get the tracking close, but it still is wandering slightly. I have used an Allen Datagraph before and it had some guides that kept the material from sliding, so it kept it within about 1/8" which is acceptable for what I'm doing.

This is what I'm doing now. I have the roll in place and I pull it taught through the front side and carefully hold down the material and lock down the lever in back. Sometimes it slides within reason, sometimes it slides 1/2"

What I'm thinking about doing is placing some type of guide onto the surface of the cutter where the material slides and let that guide the material.

Has anyone else done this and what did they use for the guides. It just seems to me floating the material without guides will always be a headache for aligning.

Material is 10 mil semi transparent mylar

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
For rolls of media first make sure the material is wound reasonably tight and is dead straight on the core.

Next make sure that the pressure rollers are set to maximum pressure.

Put the roll of material on the two rollers in back and lock the front roller with the little lever on the right side of the front roller.

Then pull the material straight and taut.

Now drop the lever for the pressure rollers.

The display should say something like "Release the locking lever and press enter". Do so.

I run all sorts of stuff through my FC7000 and never, as in ever, have a tracking problem with rolls.

I don't have a tracking problem with sheets either, it's just that they can be a little trickier to load straight and square.