• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000MK2-75 not responding to poll size

graywoulf

Our FC7000MK2-75 is not responding to poll size, or the send command suddenly. This development came after a pretty violent thunderstorm one evening late. The unit was left on overnight but the PC that it is connected to via USB cable and protected by an APC brand UPS unit was off. Tried several different cables and even other PC's but no communication between cutter and PC at all. Roland suggested that we try a parallel connection to see if we can bypass the communication problem so we have ordered a cable from them. They also say that this is a common problem but this is the first time I have ever run into this situation. So, I am wondering if any of you have ever experienced this before and did you switch to a parallel cable?

Jim Doggett

Our FC7000MK2-75 is not responding to poll size, or the send command suddenly. This development came after a pretty violent thunderstorm one evening late. The unit was left on overnight but the PC that it is connected to via USB cable and protected by an APC brand UPS unit was off. Tried several different cables and even other PC's but no communication between cutter and PC at all. Roland suggested that we try a parallel connection to see if we can bypass the communication problem so we have ordered a cable from them. They also say that this is a common problem but this is the first time I have ever run into this situation. So, I am wondering if any of you have ever experienced this before and did you switch to a parallel cable?

Try re-flashing the firmware. The zap might have cause a memory loss on the flashable ROM. It's a long shot, but free to try:

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/

Good luck!

graywoulf

Flashing Firmware

Well I downloaded all files including the driver update. I installed the driver update without any problems but the firmware flashing is being difficult. I followed the instructions to the letter but when the pop up window (Data File Output Utility Ver.2.08) comes up it is looking for data files with the extension of ".plt" or ".prn". I can select "All Files" and then select the "FC7000Mk2v380.x" file to send. I selected to output the file to the "Graphtec FC7000" as directed but when I hit "Print" there is a very short flash of a pop up window saying something about "total number of bytes available and the plotter/cutter display still reads "PLEASE SEND PRG.". At this point I am inclined to think that the plotter/cutter main board is defective as far as USB input is concerned. Did I miss anything here in trying to re flash the ROM or am I right about the main board problem?