• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000MK2 stuck in Cross Cutter Mode

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Hey Gang...

Having a GIGANTIC problem with my FC7000MK2-130. Came into the shop as I usually do on a Saturday and found that the Cross-Cutter was engaged. I don't know if anyone else played with the unit while I was away but now I can't get the blade to disengage so that the cutter can resume. Anyone know how to fix this?

Note: I reset the NOVRAM and it still did not fix the problem. I also loosened the metal bracket from the magnet on the Cross-Cutter and this only left the both blades now engaged.

HELP! :thankyou:

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
To start with, what's cross cutter????

It's the blade that shears off the vinyl after you are done cutting. The same as a sheet cutter that's on a Roland. The FC5100 and FC8000 series didn't have these and even if I take the blade for the sheet cutter out, the mechanism is still engaged.

Flame

That's what I thought. Tried taking the carriage all the way to the left, bring it back out. Reboot machine, then see what happens.

SlamMan

Sounds like you may need to adjust the cross cutter position adjustment. You can find it in the service menu by holding down test and enter while turning the machine on. Then hit menu until you see c-cutter pos adj.