• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-130 - Freez's in the middle of a job & Cross cuts randomly

Sometimes when we do a job our cutter will just freeze, the screen says working, but yet the machine isn't moving, now this has improved since we got Corel Draw X4, but it still happens!

This wouldn't be so bad of a deal but our cutter seems to like to go and do the outside of the page we are cutting then spiral its way in. Anyone know the deal with that? Or a program/way to tell the cutter the way to cut like a cut order or something? But when it does freeze we now have all this material in the center of the page that hasn't been cut.

So when it freezes we have no other choice but to turn it off, trust me we waited for 4 hrs one day and it never continued. So it turns off, we wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on. Well the material it was still cutting when it froze is still sticking out of the front of the machine in the front basket, it goes across the material, and as it goes the cross cut blade is cutting thru the middle of the work!!! :banghead:

lbumbaca

sounds like a master plotter try a grounding the machine. static also may be your problem do a search on desay master plotter and see how they fixed the same problem mine used to do the same thing drove me nuts one reason i sold it fc8000 graphtec i think static charge used to send mine it to the same thing hope i helped

We did ground the machine, stripped two wires myself, one on the front of the machine, and one behind it, and two more to go to an outlet to ground it too. It actually helped, anyone else have any suggetions on grounding it?

nopalito24

1- extract the files to your desktop(it easier this way), you will only be using the FC8000-210file, and the SEND Program(the send program sends the firmware file to your plotter)
2- double click the send program, a window is going to open up
under lookk in select Desk top, under file types select All files, under Ouput select FC8000
3- w/ in this window look for the FC8000-210 file, click on it one time to highlight
4- turn on the plotter and quickly press and hold both the left and righ arrow buttons, hold them for a couple of sec. then let go.
5- I believe the plotters asks you if you want to update, w/ the up arrow select Yes, then press ENTER- when it tells you to send program
6- walk over to the PC and press the Print button
7- look at the display of the plotter and it should be loading, it will take about less than a minut to complete.
*** its always a good idea to reset the plotter after a firmware update, this operation resets all your cutting conditions like the force and speed so write those down before you reset
To RESET:
- turn on the plotter and imm. press the UP arrow
- select default 2 times, then continue or Ok
- turn off , then turn on normally