Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FC8000-130 - Freez's in the middle of a job & Cross cuts randomly

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Universal Industrial Sales, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Universal Industrial Sales

Universal Industrial Sales Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Sometimes when we do a job our cutter will just freeze, the screen says working, but yet the machine isn't moving, now this has improved since we got Corel Draw X4, but it still happens!

This wouldn't be so bad of a deal but our cutter seems to like to go and do the outside of the page we are cutting then spiral its way in. Anyone know the deal with that? Or a program/way to tell the cutter the way to cut like a cut order or something? But when it does freeze we now have all this material in the center of the page that hasn't been cut.

So when it freezes we have no other choice but to turn it off, trust me we waited for 4 hrs one day and it never continued. So it turns off, we wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on. Well the material it was still cutting when it froze is still sticking out of the front of the machine in the front basket, it goes across the material, and as it goes the cross cut blade is cutting thru the middle of the work!!! :banghead:

Tags:
  2. lbumbaca

lbumbaca Member

Jun 12, 2006
    sounds like a master plotter try a grounding the machine. static also may be your problem do a search on desay master plotter and see how they fixed the same problem mine used to do the same thing drove me nuts one reason i sold it fc8000 graphtec i think static charge used to send mine it to the same thing hope i helped

3. Universal Industrial Sales

Feb 8, 2010
    We did ground the machine, stripped two wires myself, one on the front of the machine, and one behind it, and two more to go to an outlet to ground it too. It actually helped, anyone else have any suggetions on grounding it?

4. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
  5. Universal Industrial Sales

Feb 8, 2010
    Uhmmm before i install this, shouldn't it be for the FC8000-130? Thats the one i have. Unless it stands for 2010

6. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    thats firmware version 2.10...

7. Universal Industrial Sales

Feb 8, 2010
    oh duh sorry im an idiot!

8. Universal Industrial Sales

Feb 8, 2010
    Ok im now lost. the instructions dont tell you where to extract/move the files too.
    Now lets just say i've downloaded the file... what now??

9. Brands Imaging

Brands Imaging Active Member

May 18, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    is the machine on carpet?

10. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    have you contacted the company you bought it from and asked them for support?

11. Universal Industrial Sales

Feb 8, 2010
    nope, i would guess linoleum

12. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Not an expert in this, but would a spooler help to prevent the machine form freezing?

13. nopalito24

nopalito24 Member

Feb 4, 2010
    So Cal
    1- extract the files to your desktop(it easier this way), you will only be using the FC8000-210file, and the SEND Program(the send program sends the firmware file to your plotter)
    2- double click the send program, a window is going to open up
    under lookk in select Desk top, under file types select All files, under Ouput select FC8000
    3- w/ in this window look for the FC8000-210 file, click on it one time to highlight
    4- turn on the plotter and quickly press and hold both the left and righ arrow buttons, hold them for a couple of sec. then let go.
    5- I believe the plotters asks you if you want to update, w/ the up arrow select Yes, then press ENTER- when it tells you to send program
    6- walk over to the PC and press the Print button
    7- look at the display of the plotter and it should be loading, it will take about less than a minut to complete.
    *** its always a good idea to reset the plotter after a firmware update, this operation resets all your cutting conditions like the force and speed so write those down before you reset
    To RESET:
    - turn on the plotter and imm. press the UP arrow
    - select default 2 times, then continue or Ok
    - turn off , then turn on normally

14. Universal Industrial Sales

Feb 8, 2010
    Where do they have these? I looked on Graphtec with no luck =/