• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-160 bad corners

Link Signs

Graphics
So we have finally gotten past all our problems with our FC8000-160 except we can't figure this one out.
We have tried a new blade, got a new cutting strip, tried different setting (messing with overcuts, tangent emulation, force, circle resolution), updated the firmware and cant find a configuration that works.

any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 194
  • badcorner2.jpg
    badcorner2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 217
  • badcorner1.jpg
    badcorner1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 187

signs+banners

This might be a dumb question but do you have the correct tool selected?
CB09U, CB15U? It looks like something you might find when the pen tool is selected.

Bill Modzel

The blade holder itself could be wacky. I had all kinds of grief with my first one. I finally bought an "old style" blade holder with the brass end even though Graphtec did replace the OEM plastic one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We had something similar to this with cutting and also in printing. The signal going to the printer was interupted, so it wasn't always receiveing the perfect signal and making up for it on it's own.

Link Signs

Graphics
The actual blade doesn't wobble just the carriage itself.
Does anyone know how to tighten it? I have removed the cover but cant figure what needs to be tinkered with.

ProWraps

carriage SHOULD NOT wiggle. something is wrong and you should contact graphtec.

that carriage should be TIGHT on the rail with only side to side motion allowed.

iam808

I had a similar issue. First I took off the cover to access the carriage. Then I removed the circuit board that is on top of the carriage. The left roller was loose in the groove - I was able to lift the carriage vertically on the left side. So i loosened the screws,(that hold the black roller) applied pressure to the assembly and tightened. If you over tighten plotter will throw a E01019 error code. Loosen up and try again.

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 203

woolly

other possibility are you sure the media is staying flat and not buckling slightly its a wide plotter would need more than 2 rollers

phototec

The actual blade doesn't wobble just the carriage itself.
Does anyone know how to tighten it? I have removed the cover but cant figure what needs to be tinkered with.

Well, did you ever get the badd cutting figured out? Did tightening the carriage fix the issue? Please let us know what happened. Thanks