Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FC8000-160 bad corners

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Link Signs, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Link Signs

Link Signs Graphics

Jun 13, 2011
    Dryden
    So we have finally gotten past all our problems with our FC8000-160 except we can't figure this one out.
    We have tried a new blade, got a new cutting strip, tried different setting (messing with overcuts, tangent emulation, force, circle resolution), updated the firmware and cant find a configuration that works.

any suggestions would be great.

Attached Files:

2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    loose blade-holder or blade carriage thingy?

3. Link Signs

Link Signs Graphics

Jun 13, 2011
    Dryden
    The carriage does have some wiggle to it, is it supposed to be unwiggle'able?

4. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    It must be tight, and not loose or sloppy.

5. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Should be tight with no wiggle

6. signs+banners

signs+banners New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    This might be a dumb question but do you have the correct tool selected?
    CB09U, CB15U? It looks like something you might find when the pen tool is selected.

7. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

The blade holder itself could be wacky. I had all kinds of grief with my first one. I finally bought an "old style" blade holder with the brass end even though Graphtec did replace the OEM plastic one.

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We had something similar to this with cutting and also in printing. The signal going to the printer was interupted, so it wasn't always receiveing the perfect signal and making up for it on it's own.

9. boxerbay

boxerbay Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Darkside of the Moon
    blade holder should not wiggle.

10. Link Signs

Link Signs Graphics

Jun 13, 2011
    Dryden
    The actual blade doesn't wobble just the carriage itself.
    Does anyone know how to tighten it? I have removed the cover but cant figure what needs to be tinkered with.

11. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    carriage SHOULD NOT wiggle. something is wrong and you should contact graphtec.

that carriage should be TIGHT on the rail with only side to side motion allowed.

12. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Are all the srews that hold the carraige tight?

13. iam808

iam808 New Member

Feb 15, 2012
    East
    I had a similar issue. First I took off the cover to access the carriage. Then I removed the circuit board that is on top of the carriage. The left roller was loose in the groove - I was able to lift the carriage vertically on the left side. So i loosened the screws,(that hold the black roller) applied pressure to the assembly and tightened. If you over tighten plotter will throw a E01019 error code. Loosen up and try again.

Attached Files:

14. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    other possibility are you sure the media is staying flat and not buckling slightly its a wide plotter would need more than 2 rollers

15. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Well, did you ever get the badd cutting figured out? Did tightening the carriage fix the issue? Please let us know what happened. Thanks