• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-60 (24") VS Roland GX-PRO 300

sign252

Can someone help us sort out the better choice between these two cutters please.

We're a quick print shop and we'd like to offer stickers, decals, t-shirts transfers, etc. We're running a 54" Mutoh 1304.

The Graphtec needs a RIP while the Roland runs CutStudio. Any comments on this?

We're running ONYX 7.3 and the Graphtec sales person tells me we'll need to upgrade to Flexi Print & Cut ($2000) for best results.

An ONYX 10 upgrade will be approx. $1000 - however Graphtec sales tells me even OYNX 10 is not as good as Flexi Print & Cut.

Any insight and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

CS-SignSupply

Have little Onyx experience but Flexi print/cut will work with your Mutoh and the Roland or Graphtec. I prefer the graphtec cutter but some seem to have issues with the crop mark sensor. Either will be a good choice.

DRamm76

Which RIP are you referring to? The Graphtec FC8000 Series comes with Cutting Master and the Roland comes with Cut Studio. If you have Adobe you can use the plug ins for both and they work great.

LittleSnakey

I have no experience with the roland cutter, but I had nothing but problems getting the graphtec to read crop marks. So if you are planning on printing then laminating and cutting with the graphtec be careful. We sent the graphtec back and got a Summa which has found the marks flawlessly on all materials but chrome.

If you are in the market for a 54" cutter, I don't belive roland has one.

If you can get your money back if the graphtec doesn't work then try it, if not don't.

We used Flexi 8.6 to run ours.

sign252

Thanks to everyone.

The Summa S75 D looks very nice.

Can't seem to find any Canadian distributors though.

We're in Ottawa, ON

Thanks again.

Jeff