Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fc8000-75... wont cut after 6.5ft?

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by ironchef, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    I messed up another job couple days ago. The graphtec wont cut after around 6.5 ft...and i also fed the vinyl to see how far it goes. Because i had to being a large roll down. And it would measure the vinyl after 6.5 ft either... anyone please help

Tags:
  2. edgette

edgette Member

Jul 12, 2010
    What cutting software are you using? I had a similar issue when I went to cut a 21' vinyl, then I realized my cutmaster plug in for corel was set for a certain length. I just had to change that length to exceed what I needed to cut and I was all set.

3. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Im using omega. But that's why i tried measuring the media on the plotter. Meaning it has nothing to with with the program im using. Like i load the vinyl. Press left arrow. to measure. And once its ready for cutting i press arrow down and feed it down and it stops at around 6 ft

4. nopalito24

nopalito24 Member

Feb 4, 2010
    So Cal
    make sure that the page length setting is set to about 1077in.: MENU, MEDIA,Page Length

5. Freese

Freese Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Bingo. I've seen this on a few new FC8000's out of the box. Roll size than polls to Cutting Master or other software plugins as around 70 inches for the length and it stops in the same place everytime.

6. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Wow i feel so dumb. Thanks guys the menu. Media. Page width thing worked