• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fc8000-75

ironchef

Hey guys, i recently tried cutting regular vinyl, the job was long as hell, and it jus stopped cutting like 2/3rd of the way in. Am i missing anything?

ironchef

Sorry, been busy, im going to open that file and check, i remember it stopped on the last e of the word. Question for all you graphtec owners, what settings do you use for regular vinyl. I just left them at their default, i slow it down and bump up the pressure to 50 for chrome. Also i think my blade is going already, about 8 months old. How long do they last? My mimaki plotter blade last around a year. Also i love how i can control the graphtec from my comp.

edgette

Settings for regular vinyl? I have a current chart with 12 different settings for all different materials. There is no way for one of us to tell you what settings you need. Your blade depth and material are two key factors.

Your blade mileage is going to depend on material and inches cut. I'm on my second in 7 months and I cut mostly calendered vinyl.