• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 and new pinch roller assembly

Briansos

Greetings,

Our old FC7000 machine has a 4th pinch roller that is really useful and so I have ordered an other for our new FC8000. However the pinch roller assembly on our old machine was installed @ Graphtec before we recieved it. I will be recieving the unit by itself to install it on our FC8000 next week.

One thing I was not made aware of until just a moment ago, was that there is more than just attaching this 4th roller. Apparently adding another roller can add different and uneven pressure or unusual feeding when not calibrated properly (as Graphtec would do at the shop).

Has anyone here installed one of these and if so was there a lot of tweaking to be done? In the past, anytime something needs to happen with a graphtec, maintance wise, it means shipping off our entire cutter. What a pain!

Thanks for any insight.

rdunn

Grit Roller

The firmware needs to be adjusted. Also FC5100's had dip switches that needed to be set. I don't know if the 8000 has the switches.

I know it is a pain, but I would send it to Graphtec.

Jim Doggett

If you do the install yourself, bear in mind that the two outside rollers drive the media. The middle rollers need to be passive (light pressure that does not steer) so they merely push down enough to prevent the media from tunneling in the middle.

My $0.02

Last edited:

jj.620

fc-8000

I have the same problem with my fc-8000. I need to add a roller. would you mind telling me how much it cost and if there is some else that has to be done to make it work. the one i found was $255.00. I have had it apart and its not that tuff to put on but again not sure if it will change system. I cut alot of high intensity prismatic sheeting, i'am looking for any help, tips or anything i can find.

tbaker

In case anyone neglected to tell you this. Save your box, if you need to send your plotter to graphtec to get it repaired for any reason, the original packaging is far superior to anything you'll be able to fabricate (typically)