• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 chrome contour cut

mortil

Hi all.

i have printed some stickers on chrome and laminated it they are just round for centercaps on alloys
but it struggles to read the marks and it sometimes think anything is the mark and gets read error

and when i get it to read all marks and start cut it cuts waaaay off. and thru the prints. some is round and some is oval .

anyone have any clue ?

Kwiksigns

wookie
first I would try putting matte lam over the marks.
second I would put paper mask over it and make the mark with a marker or pen.

print 100 sets of crop marks on white vinyl. Then whenever a certain media won't read correctly place the white squares with the crop marks in them directly over the printed ones. This is what we have started to do and it works wonderfully. It can be a little tedious getting them perfect but makes cutting 1000x easier.

boxerbay

I place white vinyl squares over the registration marks and then draw in the registration marks with a sharpie. oracal 651 white is thin enough were you can see the registration mark behind it. make sure the white vinyl square is about 3x3 so the edges dont interfere with the registration marks. when i do chrome i set my crop mark out further so i have room for the white vinyl patch.