• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 cutting quality poor

sballinger

I'm stumped. Our FC8000's cut quality is not what it has been. We replaced the blade and the cutting strip but I'm still getting poor quality. For example when you do the force test (the triangle test) the triangles are not straight edged, they have a bit of a wave to them. I've tried going up and down with the offset and that's not fixing it. I've been using this thing since they first came out and never had problems with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh the media is standard FDC calendered colored vinyl

can you post a picture? Look at the tip of the blade does it look sharp, not chipped? Is your blade depth out too much? is your cutting strip down and tight? What offset are you running?

- - - Updated - - -

can you post a picture? Look at the tip of the blade does it look sharp, not chipped? Is your blade depth out too much? is your cutting strip down and tight? What offset are you running?

sballinger

quality_1.jpg quality_2.jpg

Ok, the blade height is fine, it's not sticking out too far. I've got my offset zeroed out. I tried going from 0 to +3 and to -3 and it never gets better either way. 0 is the best so far. No chips in the blade and it looks sharp but i'm trying to think how long that new blade has been sitting in the case (could be 3 years) I don't blow through blades that fast

sballinger

And the blade holder is not loose. Had that happen once, you can't forget that jiggling noise!

- - - Updated - - -

And the blade holder is not loose. Had that happen once, you can't forget that jiggling noise!

I think its a bade blade, try your old one and see what you get.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its a bade blade, try your old one and see what you get.

i would steer tward your blade housing or your blade if not check all your grit rollers make sure they are tight if they are loose they can let the material walk while cutting sometimes it can give and undesired result lol.

sballinger

Yeah, we are ordering some new blades to see if that helps, I have a feeling the old blades got put back as spares in an emergency situation. So i looked like we had new blades, Worst idea ever!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, we are ordering some new blades to see if that helps, I have a feeling the old blades got put back as spares in an emergency situation. So i looked like we had new blades, Worst idea ever!