• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 die cutting

bigben

Hi folks!

I would like to know how thick the FC8000 can die cut?

Example, If I have printed on poster paper and instead of using a ruler and a knife, I would use the die cut/half cut option. Or if I printed on pvc roll (neschen easy panel 12,4mil or 17,2mil). Would it work without damaging the print on cutter?

If the FC8000 can't do it, does a Summa S160t can do it?

Thanks.

Ben

Christian @ 2CT Media

Apply a low tack clear transfer tape (Usually thicker) to the back side. Then set the correct pressure to cut through the material and keep the speed slow. You should really try to create a flat table extension for the cutter to prevent the cut materials from popping off

bigben

Apply a low tack clear transfer tape (Usually thicker) to the back side. Then set the correct pressure to cut through the material and keep the speed slow. You should really try to create a flat table extension for the cutter to prevent the cut materials from popping off

why put a clear transfer tape? Did you ever try it?

smdgrfx

My FC8000 can do a Convex combination of 18 mil (6 mil convex, 12 mil pro-shield). I usually do 2 passes though so I don't put too much stress on the blade. I notice the blade wears out pretty fast doing complete die-cuts. The cutting of the backing paper/liner is what does the damage I believe.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I use clear only because its thicker than most paper transfer tapes and cheaper than the thick paper transfer tapes. We do it all the time for magnets, 3 sided displays, and etc.

Christian @ 2CT Media

paper liners are the worst thing for blade sharpness... you will go through blades faster.

Oh btw I use a 60degree x 1.5mm blade. Roland/GCC Green Blades I believe