• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Fc8000 E04010 Error

tagteam

TAG Graphics
Has anyone ever replaced the mark sensor??
I recently did and almost have my machine cutting again, but i keep getting this "EO4010 ARMS, MARK SCAN ERROR, EXEED CUTTING AREA DURING +X DETECTION"

I've cut a few other small print successfully, but this particular print is larger and printed closer to the edge of the vinyl. Is this basically saying that my registration mark is printed too close to the edge?

If so, why am I just now having this problem? I've had this cutter for 3-4 years and as long as the roller wheels have room to run between the marks and the edge of the vinyl, it's cut fine.

Is it because I replaced the sensor and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

BGphx

I am having this same issue. However, this is my first time actually using the arms system on my graphtec. Any help would be appreciated.

ikarasu

How big is your cutter, and how far apart are your cutter marks? You can trick it into cutting wider prints.

Put your pinch wheels as far apart as they can be (Exceeding the width of the media) do a roll load, even if it is a sheet. Once it's done scanning the max distance your cutter can scan... Move the pinch wheels to the edge of your media, align the marks so they're perfectly straight, close the handle, and click "continue".

The trick is to make sure you set a new home position past where your marks are. bring it as far back and to the right of the machine as you can... again, even if it puts the position of the sensor off of the media, click set home... Then move the arms sensor to the reg mark, and try again. It should work, if theres enough space there.

Generally you're supposed to be about half an inch, to 1 inch space between the reg mark, and the pinch roller... But using the above trick, you can generally trick it a little bit.