Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FC8000 Preventative Maintenance

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Universal Industrial Sales, May 9, 2011.

1. Universal Industrial Sales

Universal Industrial Sales Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Anyone know some of the preventative maintenance for the Graphtec FC8000 series? You know new belt, tighten belt, cleaning, etc.... I just need some suggestions.

Tags:
  2. westpointsigns

westpointsigns Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I've been running a CE5000 for about 4.5 years and have not done anything to it except blow out the paper shavings in the blade track with a can or air. The FC Series is a lot better than what I have so I'd say run it till it dies.

3. Universal Industrial Sales

Universal Industrial Sales Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Well i have been using it for a year and i haven't even blown it out so i will start by doing that!

4. nategregory

nategregory New Member

May 11, 2011
    We are a Graphtec distributor, and there is not preventative maintenance they recommend/require. These machines will typically last about 10 years with nothing going wrong. Awesome plotters!

Nate
    www.gregory1.com

5. nopalito24

nopalito24 Member

Feb 4, 2010
    So Cal
    Nope... no maintenance required just replace your consumable items like
    blades, blade holders, teflon mats.
    Cover the plotter when not in use to protect it from dust reaching your
    Y bar and pulleys because the pulleys have these grease that you don't want to turn to gunk. Also when you go home at night leave the rollers UP so that they don't develop flat spots, but there is no maintenance req. on all Graphtec plotters.