• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 with 3M Electrout

fine point

Hi everyone.

I heard good things about 3M Electrocut and decided to give it a shot.

I like how easy to weed it but I can't seem to set up my FC8000 to cut it right.

Corners of small letters seemed to be picked up a little and doesn't seem to make clean 90 degree corners.

I tried so many different set up but can't seem to make it quite right.

Any suggestions will be much appreicated.

THX!

rjssigns

May have knocked a corner off the blade. Check it even if you just put in a fresh one. I put a new blade in my Roland and it started cutting fine so I walked away. Came back a few minutes later and it had F'ed up the rest of the cuts. Took out the just installed Roland OEM blade and the whole edge had broken off. Dang thing didn't make it two minutes.

fine point

You are right, Drs05. FC8000 uses some tough blade. And no, it was not chipped. I have no clue why this keeps happening.

Funny thing is that it cuts sharp corners fine like inside of V letter, but 90 degree corners look almost rounded somehow.

I believed it was offset setting, but I couldn't remedy it by adjusting it.

Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You are right, Drs05. FC8000 uses some tough blade. And no, it was not chipped. I have no clue why this keeps happening.

Funny thing is that it cuts sharp corners fine like inside of V letter, but 90 degree corners look almost rounded somehow.

I believed it was offset setting, but I couldn't remedy it by adjusting it.

Thanks

How do you know your blade is up to snuff? Unless you examined it under a loupe or similar magnification you really can't tell.

Rounded corners and corners lifting is a classic symptom of a dull blade.

When you examine a blade for sharpness you look at the tip not the edge. This inspection requires magnification, the naked eye is insufficient to determine if the blade is sharp.

Under magnification the tip of the blade must come to a point. It should not be rounded or broken off. If it's the least bit rounded or broken off then it's dull, change it.

You can forgo inspecting blades with magnification with the rule of thumb: If you suspect a blade is dull, it is. Change it.

If you are using the OEM Graphtec knife CB09U (pairs with the blue capped knife holder), set the tool to CB09U and the offset to 0. With a sharp knife that setup should provide optimal results on the 3M Electrocut vinyl.