• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8600 Contour and Perf Cut questions

dtdm

I picked up a new FC8600 while signs101 was down over the past month and man did I miss you guys!
I ran into a few problems which I have somewhat sorted out but could use more advice:

1) Contour cutting and Registration marks.
I print a print, however when entering the print at 0 deg. rotation and attempting to cut in cutting master 3 I consistently have errors in the registration marks.
The errors are all "-x registration mark..."
The work around I am using at the moment is to currently rotate the whole print 90 deg. I'm not exactly sure what setting would adjust this and am in middle of a few things which prevents me from doing a ton of random settings testing... if anyone knows what setting I could adjust which might help out with this I would be grateful!

2) Perf Cutting Quality

New to perf cutting, I am having some issues.
Let's say my perf cut is a perfect 3" square.
Settings for perforation : 8mm/.40mm pattern : up force 2
Perforation is great except on the corners, I am consistently having issues getting the corners to cut fully. I feel like with an extreme angle the software adds perforations? I have Tool Settings of Offset Angle at 15 an Offset Force at 6... Keep adjusting it down with no positive affects.
3) Flexi 10
Any way of getting the fc8600 to work with flexi 10? It's not an available option for a cutter in my software. Not super important, just curious.

DirtyD

I picked up a new FC8600 while signs101 was down over the past month and man did I miss you guys!
I ran into a few problems which I have somewhat sorted out but could use more advice:

1) Contour cutting and Registration marks.
I print a print, however when entering the print at 0 deg. rotation and attempting to cut in cutting master 3 I consistently have errors in the registration marks.
The errors are all "-x registration mark..."
The work around I am using at the moment is to currently rotate the whole print 90 deg. I'm not exactly sure what setting would adjust this and am in middle of a few things which prevents me from doing a ton of random settings testing... if anyone knows what setting I could adjust which might help out with this I would be grateful! I know the FC8000 laser isnt that strong. I always had to shut the lights off to keep from to much glare and put clear scotch tape over the marks. Also make sure you are putting the graphic through the plotter the correct way, I want to say with the graphic coming out so it reads correctly not upside down or sideways.

2) Perf Cutting Quality
New to perf cutting, I am having some issues.
Let's say my perf cut is a perfect 3" square.
Settings for perforation : 8mm/.40mm pattern : up force 2
Perforation is great except on the corners, I am consistently having issues getting the corners to cut fully. I feel like with an extreme angle the software adds perforations? I have Tool Settings of Offset Angle at 15 an Offset Force at 6... Keep adjusting it down with no positive affects.
3) Flexi 10
Any way of getting the fc8600 to work with flexi 10? It's not an available option for a cutter in my software. Not super important, just curious.
You should be able to use the fc7000 driver from flexi..it works the same

Dennis422

If you bought it from Grimco, call them. They helped me with mine.
I had similar issues. Now it cuts dead on the mark.
I have to update the firmware and reset the while cutter. After that, it worked great.

Also, make sure that the print is completely straight in the cutter.

Good luck

dtdm

Unfortunately not purchased through grimco.
It seems to be working great, just have to turn everything sideways now... which will get troublesome for larger prints.

As far as the fc7000 flexi setup goes, I ran it as the fc8000, just didn't feel like it was working to it's full potential as far as the ability to adjust registration mark style.

What are your guy's perf cut settings looking like as far as condition and tool settings?

Jburns

How much material are you leaving on the end of the print from the Reg marks on the back side? You typically need several inches. If the material goes past the media sensor on the back of your cutter, then it wont want to read the back registration marks-- thus that may be why you have to rotate it.

dtdm

How much material are you leaving on the end of the print from the Reg marks on the back side? You typically need several inches. If the material goes past the media sensor on the back of your cutter, then it wont want to read the back registration marks-- thus that may be why you have to rotate it.

I'm actually leaving quite a bit, it's more than I'm leaving when I rotate...
Does anyone know of a specified amount that needs to be left? I'll set my printer up to feed that far after printing.

I'm getting better results every day, I just am not sure what I am doing to get those better results. I have run a ton of sensor adjustments which seem to have done the trick 90% of the time.

I'm testing at the moment kiss cutting the perf line prior to perf cutting to try to improve the quality of the the perf cut. Trying to eliminate the issues I am having with sharp turns in the perf cut not being properly cut out.

Thanks for the advice!