• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8600 Cutting Thick Overlam

jdale

I'm looking to do some Motocross graphics kits and most of the ones I have seen run a 10-12mil overlam, Since the 8600 is new to our shop I was hoping to get some feedback from current owners on how it will do with something that thick.

Will it be an issue. Preferably Die-Cutting them actually.

Thanks

JD

rcook99

I have cut up to 30mil sand blast material with no problem but slowed the machine down because of the thickness of it. You should have no problem but as said by the previous poster you should install the Red blade holder with the correct blade as well.

GDUDE 67

FC Cutting Floor Graphics Overlam

We just did some 3M Floor Graphics over-lam cutting, use Red Head Cutter and CB15U blade, go slower on acceleration and cutting, should have no problems

303DC

I just did a bunch of die cut letters for an install I'm doing today. Worked fine with a slow accel, slower speed, and pressure set to 24. YRMV. This was for Avery 1005 with 1060 (the thicker stuff) overlam. Only issue I had was with my offset, I think. It wasn't cutting W, V, M, N, etc. correctly in the corners.