• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8600 segment marks issue

jimmmi

Hello, i created a 15ft long printed file with segment marks every 42". I chose to cut segment by segment in last tab of CM4 but i always get error 4017. It reads the first 4 marks ( first and second), cut fine, then search for the third segment marks and i get error 4017. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a maximum segment distance or something?

Last edited:

ikarasu

Are you loading it straight? Does it look like its in the right position when it tries to scan the next set of marks?

When you got cutting master > cut, under Registration marks... Is Cut segment by segment ticked? If so untick it and see if it still does it.

By default CM4 will read all marks and then start cutting... If segment by segment is on, itll read the first 4 marks, cut, then proceed to read the next marks.... I prefer segment, but if you turn it off you'll at least see if it can read all the marks

jimmmi

Are you loading it straight? Does it look like its in the right position when it tries to scan the next set of marks?

When you got cutting master > cut, under Registration marks... Is Cut segment by segment ticked? If so untick it and see if it still does it.

By default CM4 will read all marks and then start cutting... If segment by segment is on, itll read the first 4 marks, cut, then proceed to read the next marks.... I prefer segment, but if you turn it off you'll at least see if it can read all the marks
Finally figured it out! The page length was set to 2m, so everything over this was aborting. It could cut 4m for example color vinyl, but it couldn't read marks over 2m. Strange but this is how it works. I dont understand the use of page length by the way