Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Feather flag pole pocket - Material

Discussion in 'Sublimation Printing' started by hapycmpr, Feb 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. hapycmpr

hapycmpr Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Broken Arrow Ok
    Looking for a source for feather flag border that holds the pole I found Seattle Fabrics but it is only 1.5 inches Anyone have info on maybe a 2" opening - 4" folded?

Tags:
  2. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    it must be available somewhere but never found it, so when i was making them i used the side off-cut of the flag material, cut a strip any width you want fold and running stich 10 mm in from the open edge, create the pocket and edge to sew the flag to.
    feed the flag edge in between the flap and sew with zigzag stitch feeding in the flag material 2 3 in a time gets you round the ark shape with no creases, reinforce the top to stop the poll pocking through. nice stitching with a contrasting colour looks good.
    sew a loop on the bottom nice coloured string as for tension to finish.

3. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We used to use RipStop fabric.

4. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Chris McGovern c.mcgovern@bergertextiles.com He should have a solution for you.