• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fedex/ups fees question

Quark

Merchant Member
question to high volume shippers via fedex/ups... are you getting hit with $10-12 fee for every 48" & up boxes? (not to mention higher fees for 8'+) thanks

2B

unsure we are classified as "high volume" but yes whenever the size is left blank or incorrectly entered when doing to labeling process we have surcharges added later on the bill

Quark

Merchant Member
I'm actually asking about a very specific "flat rate charge" they started adding for all boxes of 48" +. It is in the range of $10-15 depending on your contract

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We don't get charged for 48"+ but there is a charge for oversize boxes which I believe starts at 61". Make sure you are entering the dimensions into the form when creating the label. If you don't and they have to adjust the weight based on their dimensional weight formula, they charge you extra for not filling the form out correctly. There is also a charge for boxes that are weird shapes and also for ones that require special handling. Make sure you aren't fitting into one of those categories.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ugh, even when you DO enter everything correctly they will sometimes screw you and back charge you for something that they thought was bigger. They tried to charge me and ADDITIONAL $35 beyond the $9 quoted for a 6"x3" 1 lb. tube that was going one state over.

Quark

Merchant Member
Yes Sir, everything longer than 48" is now under their Extended Handling surcharge threshold.

Yep :(. I’m asking around and trying to find a precedent if they waived it for anyone so I can use it to negotiate

hottscennessey

Icing on the cake is now in addition to the fees any ground package +48" is no longer guaranteed by it's commit date

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

InstantOneMedia

Over $40K w/ FedEx so far this year and the best we got was a $2 deduction on that charge. Try not to ship in tubes. FedEx charges a $5 additional handling charge for round packages. Also double check your invoices, both have been known to mis-scan packages. Sometimes, if 2 packages are touching when they get scanned, it combines the dimensions. We were getting charged over $100 a package for a few weeks, and couldn't figure out how. Turns out they were somehow swapping the charges for our shipments with a bike company who's dimensional weights were enormous.