• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

feedback? any help?

jimmeth411

Designing a sign for a lightbox, customer supplied logo, I have to do the layout. I'm a bit unhappy with these layouts, just though I'd see what everybody else thought. They want to keep the logo the same, said they wanted the leaves but not a big deal if not there. Any feedback? Thanks!

Attachments

• natures goods sign ideas.jpg
    natures goods sign ideas.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 98

MikePro

thumbnail test says the smaller market is too small, and both logos are unreadable from a distance.

prefer the bottom background, and how about blowing up the "nature's goods" as big as you can still fit the larger "market" and make the leaf in their logo a mounted piece of aluminum to the top/face of the return of the light box?
like so:
Picture 44.jpg

jimmeth411

I didn't design the logo, it was supplied to me. That's where I'm getting stumped, can't think of a way to get it to look good on this size sign. The lightbox is already up, we are just supplying the face. Any suggestions or am I kinda stuck on one of these?

J Hill Designs

lots of wasted real estate...can the natures goods be to the right of the market pillbox? could make em both alot bigger that way

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The client art is designed to work in a more vertically oriented layout while the space you're having to fit it to is extremely horizontal. Both you and the client would be well served to explore ways to change the art for an alternative in these situations.

The two most acceptable ways I can see would be ...

1. Reduce the size of the leaf being used as an apostrophe.
  2. Move "Market" out to the right of "Nature's Goods" and set it in the same black font.

Marlene

The client art is designed to work in a more vertically oriented layout while the space you're having to fit it to is extremely horizontal. Both you and the client would be well served to explore ways to change the art for an alternative in these situations.

I have had customer supplied logos too that were not set up for the format available and need to be re-arranged to fit. if the customer balks at this, remind the customer that major corps have alternatives to address this and it is not uncommon. that usually helps get them to agree to make it work. as it is, there is little to no chance of making a sign that will do the job the sign is suppose to do.

SignManiac

A pity he's stuck on his exact logo. Sometimes it pays to be flexible if the end result is more effective...

Attachments

• natures goods.jpg
    natures goods.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 63

slappy

played with it for a sec.... move the name down and shrink the leaf.

I'd highlight the letters then overlapping the "market" so they pop slightly and don't blend it. (i didn't do it on this however)

jimmeth411

Nice one Maniac, I like that. Not sure the customer will dig it though. Working on a few suggestions received, should have another post soon. Thanks everyone!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As some have mentioned, you're either going to have to explain to them, they need to change the specs on the measurements of the backlit... or re-arrange the layout of their logo.

I have a guy right now that wants us to wrap a smoker wagon and his logo will not fit any-which-way. He's slowly getting mad at me, but I'm not going to give him something that will get the exposure this unit will get and be blamed for such a hideous job, because of his stupidity or stubbornness. I don't care which, but it's his bad decision, not mine, so try not to fall into the same trap, just because you have a dumb client..

jimmeth411

Alright, 2 more ideas. Very similar, but I'm liking the bottom one best so far. Any thoughts on these? Getting any better? natures goods sign ideas 2.jpg

SignManiac

It's a pretty flower I found online. I think they grow naturally in California. Might even be the state flower.

rjpjr

It's a pretty flower I found online. I think they grow naturally in California. Might even be the state flower.

That's not a flower!! You must be on drugs or something... :Big Laugh

MARKET needs to be Bolder...

Attachments

• Natures-Goods.jpg
    Natures-Goods.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 68

jimmeth411

alright guys, I narrowed it down to one layout, 3 different background options. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• natures goods sign ideas 5.jpg
    natures goods sign ideas 5.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 81

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Forgot to mention, those colors won't work well for a backlit... the one's with a yellowish background.

We just did some for a check-cashing place and it looks horrible at night. We warned him of it, but he knew better. It was his design, logo and all we did was build the cabinets, print the faces and he installed the sign himself. That was another fiasco gone terribly wrong.

He told us the poles were going up the sides, so we made the cans 10-3/4" wide. Seems he decided to put 6" round poles up through both signs and now you can clearly see them at night, too.

Sometimes, you just want to shake the livin' daylights out of these idiots.