• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback on GraphixCalc

CL Graphics

I am looking at purchasing graphixcalc pricing software. I have been playing around with the trial version this afternoon and will probably contact chris with a few questions. Overall I think it will work for me but I wanted to see what others think of the software and if it does everything you need it to.

FatCat

I used the original GraphixCalc when I started out doing cut vinyl only and upgraded to GraphixCalc Pro last year when I purchased a printer. Good solid software, easy to use, maintains accurate pricing.

*However, you need to realize there are some initial settings you'll have to adjust/customize to your needs including material pricing and your shop's hourly rate.

Letterbox Mike

It's a wonderful program, it's really helped our business alot. FatCat is right, you have to dial it in correctly to get it to be accurate to your business, which requires a substantial amount of tweaking and trial and error. But this is true with any pricing program I suspect. Once you get your costs and markups where they need to be, your pricing should be extremely accurate.

For the first few months we used it, I hand quoted everything as well to make sure GraphixCalc was correct and every time without fail it came in within 1-2% of my hand quote.

CL Graphics

I compared a couple recent jobs to what graphixcalc came up with and adjusted some of the multipliers to get it close. I would say with some time spent and a little fine tuning it will work quite well. I am having some issues getting it to apply sales tax and also billing out off site installs. ie drive time and additional labor. I am thinking I will need to import into quickbooks and add the additional time there before invoicing. Are you guys invoice directly out of Graphixcalc or just using it for estimating.

Letterbox Mike

We just estimate in it and transfer the numbers to QB and add other elements like labor, etc. in there. At first it's a little cumbersome but once you get used to it it goes very quickly and it's accurate. We've looked and looked into other programs that combine estimating and invoicing into one program, the only one that truly looks like it will do everything we need is Cyrious but honestly it's waaaaaay overpriced considering all we're looking to do is eliminate manual entry into Quickbooks. We have other systems in place for job tracking and the other functions of Cyrious, so $6000+ (we need 4 users) is alot of money to spend when you're basically combining Quickbooks and GraphixCalc, which can be had for less than $400 for both...

CL Graphics

Thats pretty much what i was thinking. You create an estimate in graphixcalc and import into quickbooks as an estimate. Add additional labor etc. then convert to invoice when job is done. Is this correct. Do you use any of the job tracking in Graphixcalc.

CL Graphics

After sending a list of questions to chris that were promptly answered, it looks like i will be purchasing GraphixCalc in the near future. I would still like to get some feedback from a few more users. Maybe some tips on getting it dialed in or info on the features you do and dont use and how it meshes with your workflow.

washingtonsignguy

I use Estimate. I am happy with it, it too requires adjustment to get it right. You should look into estimate, even if its just something to compare to. I know they (estimate)changed their prices recetnly and set it up differently, which alot of people were complaining about. Overall though graphix calc looks like a decent program and iam sure it couldnt hurt your bottom line. For me the estimating software helped me not forget things in bids. Once you get the hang of it, it can really speed things up also. Hope this helps

Bigdawg

Just Me
We use Cyrious at the shop. I have GraphixCalc that I used when I was just cutting vinyl, but in all honesty I had already written a spreadsheet to do most of what it did. I know it's been improved and upgraded, but even the version I had did an adequate job of quoting once my numbers were dialed in.

CL Graphics

i played around with estimate also. i dont like how you have to buy an add on for every different item. I also think cyrious will be overkill at least based on the price. I havent looked at it just know $2000 for software is not in the budget right now.

Letterbox Mike

A word of advice on Cyrious... don't register on their site or call and ask any questions unless you literally want to be hounded to death by their salespeople.

Mark Smith

Hi CL, I just wanted to point out that with our changeover to pricing plans for EstiMate you can get started with all the quoting features for 39 bucks a month, not $2000!

Download a trial at our website and email customerservice@estimatesoftware.com if you have any questions about getting started.

ChiknNutz

Let me know of any other questions you might have. Thanks for all the feedback and inquiries, that's what helps to improve it!

Esmae

I'd like to see a heap of people chime in from around the world that use the metric system and would like to buy graphixcalc, if enough people want it, maybe, just maybe we could convince Chris to include a metric option in the next version, that would clinch it for me.

:popcorn:

I was originally after Estimate and liked the trial but the pay per month thing killed it for me.

Kevin-shopVOX

I'd like to see a heap of people chime in from around the world that use the metric system and would like to buy graphixcalc, if enough people want it, maybe, just maybe we could convince Chris to include a metric option in the next version, that would clinch it for me.

:popcorn:

I was originally after Estimate and liked the trial but the pay per month thing killed it for me.
What you have to look at for the pay per month deal is that is the future. Cloud computing will soon be the norm. I for one love the fact that estimate and other pricing software platforms are doing that. You will always have update versions, never having to wait for the next release. I have estimate at the moment and am considering the move to the cloud version, especially as there is a special going on right now for current users. I've also used CASper sign pricing software and they also have a cloud version that is launching. I have recently come across signvox www.signvox.com and it too is a cloud based POS that integrates with quickbooks. There are two advantages that signvox has over any sign POS software at the moment. 1) unlimited users which you only get 2 with EstiMate & CASper 2) It has a automation built into for job tracking/control. Emails are sent to the customer via their system and customers can either approve or make changes and then the designer (or chosen recipient) automatically gets an email with the approval/changes. If its approved it gets converted to a WIP and then put onto the electronic job board as an order. There are a lot more features that you should take a look at as well.
As much as I love EstiMate I would really like to see this type of feature integrated into the program. The fact that you can job track with the status feature is cool but automation is really a benefit I can see that adds value beyond a solid pricing core. Just my .02