• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback on Mutoh Falcon ii outdoor

joel2004

Hi guys i am in the process of buying the mutoh falcon ii, but before i commit i would like to hear some comments from any of you guys, is it good, bad?

Also i am looking for any technicians in the San Antonio area who can maybe service this machine.

letterman7

The brief period I had mine (2 yrs) it worked well... when it worked. Mine, at least, needed constant maintenance to produce a print I was happy with. It finally died and I upgraded to a 1204... which was one of the better things I did for the business.

joel2004

The brief period I had mine (2 yrs) it worked well... when it worked. Mine, at least, needed constant maintenance to produce a print I was happy with. It finally died and I upgraded to a 1204... which was one of the better things I did for the business.

i'll be honest they are asking 6000 for this printer, but i am not sure if this is a good deal or i am just running into a old clunker. The printer has been sitting for months and supposedly the heads have some kind of solution that prevents them form getting ruin

Last edited by a moderator:

Graphics2u

i'll be honest they are asking 6000 for this printer, but i am not sure if this is a good deal or i am just running into a old clunker. The printer has been sitting for months and supposedly the heads have some kind of solution that prevents them form getting ruin
I would never buy one that I could not see what the nozzle check looks like! It may have been flushed but who knows what it was printing like when they flushed the heads. I have one that needs 2 heads that I just replaced with a ValueJet. For that price on that Printer it should be working perfectly and can show you that. Heads and Mainboards are expensive for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stealth Ryder

Heads are very expensive + labor, I will get a new 1204 printer to be honest with you.

A 48" Printer does not match-up with a F-II, move on up to VJ-1614...

The F-II is a good printer, needs alot of Maintenance but if taken care of produces great prints, especially if you upgrade the Firmware and put the Wave Tech on it... If the price is right, it may be worth it... If it needs Heads and Pumps it will get costly!!!

LizardWraps

I Have a falcon out-door (AKA Prism-Jet) and use it everyday.. never have a problem.. Do everything with it.. Just make sure to clean it after each use.. Takes about 2 min. to clean.. Wouldn't spend that much though. I bought the sign Warehouse version ( PrismJet) before they discontinued it 2 years ago with warr. for much less.. Stepping into the other printer will cost you much more when I can do the same with mine..Just at a slower pace I'm Sure!! Wraps too!! Save your Money!!