Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeding Problem with ce3000MK2-60

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by djenurm, Nov 21, 2006.

1. djenurm

djenurm Member

Nov 8, 2006
    I've been having a problem using General Formulations 500 series 3mil calendered. Everything loads straight and and flat then when it starts plotting down the roll the media wants to bunch up somewhere between the rollers once it gets a couple feet in. I've lost 10 yards so far this week due to this problem. Is this a plotter or a vinyl problem? Or is it me!

Thanks, Dave

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I use Oracle and ShineRite from Fellers and have no problems. Try a different brand and if it does the samething then I would belive it would be the plotter's tracking.

3. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    A few Q's

What speed are you running at?
    How old is the blade?
    What is your pressure set to?

4. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    check the pressure on the roller wheels. It might need to be tightened or loosended a little.

5. djenurm

djenurm Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Pretty slow - at 25
    my pressure is 16
    the blade is new but it doesnt seem to be a blade related problem. It will do this when not cutting at all. I've wondered if the rollers tracking has an adjustment it seems possible that one of them could be sending the media inwards rather than straight. It does always seem to happen on the right side.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    Dave

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Is this a new machine? If so an this some of the first material you are running through it I would check the drive rollers for something (tape or residue) on it. Then I would call my sales/service person.