• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fell booty-first into the biz.

AardAlltuf

Hello all,

I've been a graphic designer for a screen printing company for the last six years. My shpere of knowledge revolved around Adobe products and 45 line halftones up until my boss had his midlife crisis.

Now, as a late model race car driver, he is printing digital vinyl stickers to adorn his chariot of fading youth. Since I was the only employee that could check e-mail without picking up a virus I was chosen to man the new vinyl printing machine- a Roland SP540v.

I've been able to tread water sufficiently with the new operation, but I'd like to become a little more adept with the processes within the processes. This user community seems like a great place to gather opinions and advice. I look forward to the interaction with you all.

Thanks for the forums.

Geary

We welcome you and your boss's new "feel-good-machine". May good fortune be your steed as you both ride backwards and sideways (at first) into the wonderful world of sign applications. :tongue:

~Geary.....from sunny but cold central Cal (gonna be 18º tonight)

Bigdawg

Just Me
Welcome!!! I agree with Jill on the style of writing - I'm thinking we may have someone who can give bob a run for his money.. :smile:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from Oklahoma!

:Welcome: to :signs101:
Be sure to check out printingdigital.net for a source of information and maintenance & repair for your printer. A link can be found at the bottom of this page.​

vid

Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I've been trying to figure out the VersaCamm, too... out of curiosity, do you push film for screen printing through yours?

itzdeb

Welcome!
I'm not always posting, but, I have to say a good sense of humor and dry wit is always refreshing.
(I'm entering mid-life crisis too! I know that since I've been doing racecar decals lately: truly!) ha.

AardAlltuf

Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I've been trying to figure out the VersaCamm, too... out of curiosity, do you push film for screen printing through yours?

No, we're ripping our seperated color bitmaps through a ECRM Mako 46, which produces pre developed film. Once that gets developed it's sent to the screen room to get burnt onto screens.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.