• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers 2010 magazine

149motorsports

Has anyone got their 2010 cat. yet? I just went on their site and was looking through it, this issue features his mom panio, paint damge on vechiles from wraps, and so on. pretty good stuff! lol

ProWraps

damn should have asked for some on our order today. i think you have to ask for them or they wont send them out. typically request about 10 a year. some for both offices, my house and my laptop bag. then another set halfway through when the binding goes, and my desk has fellers catalog guts all over it.

149motorsports

I may stop at my distributor and pick up mine (if they have it yet)..

What gets me is they plasture the "we go through more vinyl than any other company and provide better pricing"..i looked at a 24"x50 yds oracal 651 colors 93.50$ $90 for NON.. buy US Cutter for example has it for $79.99 any color:covereyes:

acothran

I haven't seen the catalog yet. On a side note, I don't get the craze with Fellers. I understand that they carry some wrap specific products that others don't carry and there catalogs provide some good wrap tips but on items like 3M, Oracal, and other standard vinyls and print media, I've always found them highly priced and inconvenient. My first experience, I called Fellers and Advantage about a Sooper Edge ruler. Fellers had $170ish in their catalog while Advantage was $140ish. I called Fellers, asked them if they would price match. The lady said she would call my area rep to attempt to get a price match (she wouldn't give me the name/number of my area rep). I called Advantage, talked to my rep and got a discount off the catalog price (took five minutes). An hour later I got a call from Fellers saying they would match the original Advantage price of $140ish.

Maybe I don't understand Fellers way of doing business (they told me I wouldn't have a specific rep but that anyone could take my order/answer question on the phone) but I don't have time to wait an hour for a call back on a price approval. I also don't want to pay 5%-10% more on vinyl/print media or even banner material just because Fellers has the cleanest warehouse and most stock (that should make it cheaper). Also, when I've tried to ask about discounts, they've told me the price is printed in the catalog. If I need a wrap tool belt, a specific squeegee, or some other hard to find item, I'll deal with Fellers.

Fellers may work well for you and your company but after a couple of tries, I've just given up on making them my main supplier.

Allen

grafixemporium

Yeah, as usual I'll get my annual Feller's catalog... glance through it and shove it in a drawer where it will be long forgotten. Their prices are ridiculous.

ProWraps

allen, give them another shot. i frequently go to lowencertified.com because their prices are lower and fellers always matches them. i have to say that have provided us with excellent customer service (fellers). i would suggest finding out who your regional rep is. i think you get a bit better service when you get to know him/her and build a relationship with them.

my rep frequently visits my shop to make sure we are getting everything we need. jim grasso is his name.

CES020

Allen, we had the same type experience. Also, their service used to rock. I could get most anything with a 1 day delivery. Now, it's always "We'll have to get that from _________ which is 3 days delivery".

I shouldn't have to beg you for lower prices. If I'm as important of a customer as you want me to believe I am, then how about giving me the best price without me having to bust your b*lls about it? I'm not buying a used car, I'm buying a commodity that's sitting on the shelf. Want to sell it, give me the lowest price you can without causing me any additional work of shopping around and I'll buy from you every time I need something.

149motorsports

i agree, the last few times i had to orders stuff they never have in the location i go to, they ship from another and say it will be there in 1 day, then it comes 3 days later lol!

TheSnowman

I have no complaints about them or Advantage. Advantage was higher priced on most stuff for a long time, they just recently said they would match any price anywhere, and I bought my equipment from them years ago, so now I use them. It was a thing where I had to submit current pricing though. I don't just randomly call up someone there and say "match this". Same w/ Fellers. They would give me special pricing on items I bought often, and if someone else would do it lower, all I had to do was call my rep.

I have nothing but great reviews for both of them. If you complain they are too high priced, go somewhere else. That's what makes this country great. You'll have different items from different company's, at different prices. You don't have to buy from someone if you dont' like their prices.

MafiaWraps

I am just gonna go out on a limb here. I have a window tinting and clear bra shop for 23 years. I am on here learning all i can about the wrap industry,I am expanding into it. On this topic of price matching?????? I am curious,do all you people whining about a few bucks price match other shops down the street or across town??? Im gonna say probably not, I never have price matched or ever will. I will not lower my standards cuz some hack works cheaper. I know I will catch heat for this but I think its stupid. I understand if its a big difference but a few bucks?? Come on. If you quote somebody $3500 for a wrap out the door and the shop down the road says $2200. Are you gonna price match? I think not, and if you say you will, your lying thru your teeth. Thats just how i see it, flame me if ya want, but you need to get your clients with killer service in this economy.....:rock-n-roll:

TheSnowman

I agree. I don't call around shopping for price, but if my rep stops by, and wants to give me a lower price, and I don't have to do anything hardly, I'm in. There is also a difference in buying a "product" as opposed to a "service". If all I'm doing is ordering a roll of stuff that is the exact same thing this other guy has, I'm gonna go w/ the lower one. If I had to have something installed or printed, then I would want to know why this guy or that guy is more, and want them to sell me on why I should pay more. It's the same thing we all need to do as well like M.W. said.

Checkers

Something needs to be said about loyalty, ask some of the old-timers here.

I've been using Fellers since American Banner, when I started in the biz many years ago and they've always been a good vendor.

No, they're not the cheapest nor do they offer the fastest delivery, but they've always come through for me.

There aren't many other suppliers/distributors I can say that about, and trust me, I've been through (too) many.

Checkers

speedmedia

I agree. I don't call around shopping for price, but if my rep stops by, and wants to give me a lower price, and I don't have to do anything hardly, I'm in. There is also a difference in buying a "product" as opposed to a "service". If all I'm doing is ordering a roll of stuff that is the exact same thing this other guy has, I'm gonna go w/ the lower one. If I had to have something installed or printed, then I would want to know why this guy or that guy is more, and want them to sell me on why I should pay more. It's the same thing we all need to do as well like M.W. said.

The only way to price match is apples to apples. If a customer tells me a guy down the road will be my price by $1,000 on a project using the same materials I will call his bluff. There is a reason it is that much cheaper. Either inferior materials or inferior skills.

I agree with you though I do not match prices unless they are within a certain percentage. If not I send em down the road. I am already broke, why work for free...lol

Thanks,
Kurt

Thanks,
Kurt

royster13

Materials become a service when you need some advice.......The low price material source rarely has personal that can answer your technical questions......So at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.....

Pat Whatley

Hey, this year there are only 55 pictures of Frank (and still no wife/kids pictures anymore)

That's better than the 62 from last year.