• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers is too Funny.

HulkSmash

I'm a big one on principle, but I still fail to see how this affects everyone ?? Underselling our trade is one thing, but in most industries..... an industry standard, but usually only by the manufacturer, not a distributor.

For the most part, we don't ever compete with people buying off the internet or any other place. They bring the stuff to us and I say right up front..... I'm not gonna use your stuff. End of story.

I can see how this might upset some of you, but I still don't see how this affects any of you in the pocket, unless you are dealing in the street with these lowlifes. Jump up out of the gutter onto the curb and see the new horizons and what it will bring you, when dealing with a better grade customer. It's business and no one on this site is gonna change it. If you had the money and know-how, you'd be doing exactly the same thing.

You're half right Gino.

I don't do that color change garbage, so it really doesn't affect me at all. I was doing this as a favor for one of my bigger clients and his personal car, ran across this and really just found it funny.

You're right on the fact where we shouldn't lose money, but they're literally cutting off the hand that feeds them in some retrospect.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're half right Gino.

I don't do that color change garbage, so it really doesn't affect me at all. I was doing this as a favor for one of my bigger clients and his personal car, ran across this and really just found it funny.

You're right on the fact where we shouldn't lose money, but they're literally cutting off the hand that feeds them in some retrospect.

I see and understand all of it..... and stand behind ya on principle, but the 25 or 30 people here who say they won't buy from Feller's, Cheetah or whatever....... do you think over the 1,000's of sales a day they make in all 40 some locations, this amounts to more than a mouse p!ssing in the ocean ??
That's why so many of these rants and showdowns don't really do anything. No one really cares, so Fellers is taking the market to a next level. There are so many industry changes, take-overs and change of focus, that it's hard to stay in your sweet spot and fight a losing battle when the world around you is just moving on, regardless of our rants and struggles.

The same thing happened when computers came on board in this business. Without computers, printers, scanners and software....... about 95% of the people here or around the world would not be in the sign business. Printing companies, offset and screen printing.... yes, but they simply couldn't...... not because of lack of talent or money, but there'd be no interest. It would be too much work, so they'd sell tanning beds or shoes. Progress comes and hits us square in the face and while it's hard to swallow, you hafta stay up with it or it will just pass you by.

Grimco now sells Oracal.

Yeah, I know. And we buy most of our materials through Grimco. Howeveeeerrrr...I went to order a 24" x 10 roll of 751 black a few weeks ago and they said they didn't have it in stock and it would have to ship direct from Orafol. That's not a huge deal, as we get Oracal vinyl shipped direct from Orafol all the time through our other supplier, US Cutter. The part that kills me is that they went on to ask me "What Oracal vinyl colors and sizes do you use the most? We will try to make sure we stock it for you." Well, that's all fine and dandy but seriously, who doesn't use black vinyl in a 24" x 10' configuration? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the most commonly used size and color on the planet? I just thought it was odd and when coupled with the price, which wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly bottom dollar either, I decided just to order it through US Cutter. It's the same 2 day ship from them so I figured I might as well. The only reason I wanted to order it from Grimco was to get the $100 minimum order for free shipping, but I just decided to order a roll of tape instead.

PRS Bryan

Personally I have never used 24" roll of anything, including black. I buy 48" x 150' rolls of black. I guess it just depends on the what size you typically make.

I was not going to answer but you asked "seriously".

Attachments

• seriousmeme2.png
    seriousmeme2.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 126

T_K

who doesn't use black vinyl in a 24" x 10' configuration? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the most commonly used size and color on the planet?

I've used a lot of 24" rolls, but unless it's a specialty color (gloss black is not), I never buy 10 ft sections. Standard colors are always the 50 yd rolls.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for bringing this up again.

I am extremely pi$$ed. I just wrapped my stepdaughters new used car in 1080 Satin Pearl White.

Fellers = $643.75 (my former wholesaler)
Cheetah Wraps = $551.25
Screwed by Frank for $92.50

I personally got burned. First time shame on you, second time shame on (there won't be a second time Frank).

This can't really just be about Metro either because they are more than Fellers @ $659

Personally I have never used 24" roll of anything, including black. I buy 48" x 150' rolls of black. I guess it just depends on the what size you typically make.

I was not going to answer but you asked "seriously".

Well, a lot of it would depend on the size of your cutter and what kind of jobs you do a lot of, but my point is that 24" x 10 yard rolls of black should be a VERY common commodity.

I've used a lot of 24" rolls, but unless it's a specialty color (gloss black is not), I never buy 10 ft sections. Standard colors are always the 50 yd rolls.

I meant 10 yards, not feet, sorry. It was a typo.

ams

Yeah, I know. And we buy most of our materials through Grimco. Howeveeeerrrr...I went to order a 24" x 10 roll of 751 black a few weeks ago and they said they didn't have it in stock and it would have to ship direct from Orafol. That's not a huge deal, as we get Oracal vinyl shipped direct from Orafol all the time through our other supplier, US Cutter. The part that kills me is that they went on to ask me "What Oracal vinyl colors and sizes do you use the most? We will try to make sure we stock it for you." Well, that's all fine and dandy but seriously, who doesn't use black vinyl in a 24" x 10' configuration? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the most commonly used size and color on the planet? I just thought it was odd and when coupled with the price, which wasn't terrible, but it wasn't exactly bottom dollar either, I decided just to order it through US Cutter. It's the same 2 day ship from them so I figured I might as well. The only reason I wanted to order it from Grimco was to get the $100 minimum order for free shipping, but I just decided to order a roll of tape instead.

I agree, I own almost every color of Oracal 651 24" they make. But the White/Black I use up like there is no tomorrow. I generally order 24" X 10 yds or 24" X 20 yds.

DirtyD

They are selling colorchange wraps - for those of you thats pissed about it..shop around - ask for discounts.. Its what majority of people do anyway. Should fellers have the same price as cheetahwraps.. maybe maybe not. They are targeting a different sector here. They are targeting colorchange shops who just do that or people who want to try it themselves just to jack it up and buy more.

And in my honest opinion.. Plastidip paint is going to kill colorchange wraps in the long run. The only thing colorchange wraps have going for them right now is textures..

I mean seriously have you been todipyourcar.com , they have metalizers, colorchange effect, gloss, matte, pearls, juices.. it's insane and you you dont need expensive equipment either..
Just my rant..

asd

no f$#%ing kidding I called midwest sign this morning to get a price on some 3m 1080 br201 vinyl and midwest was 107.00 more than cheetah i guess I need to start shopping around if my supplier is ripping me off is kind of my fault for allowing this to happen

boxerbay

its just vinyl. who cares where you buy it from. its up to you to find the lowest priced supplier whomever that is. then your install skills should set you apart from your bottom feeders. if you cant make that case to your client then you need to work on your presentation. never chase bottom feeders.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
They are selling colorchange wraps - for those of you thats pissed about it..shop around - ask for discounts.. Its what majority of people do anyway. Should fellers have the same price as cheetahwraps.. maybe maybe not. They are targeting a different sector here. They are targeting colorchange shops who just do that or people who want to try it themselves just to jack it up and buy more.

And in my honest opinion.. Plastidip paint is going to kill colorchange wraps in the long run. The only thing colorchange wraps have going for them right now is textures..

I mean seriously have you been todipyourcar.com , they have metalizers, colorchange effect, gloss, matte, pearls, juices.. it's insane and you you dont need expensive equipment either..
Just my rant..

7 coats including glossifiers etc to get the same look as a single application of vinyl. During that time, your car will be in the shop longer than a wrap install. Also if you have to re-spray a door down the road, you won't have that same mix...and you still need 7 coats, done the exact same way as the first time.
NOPE...plasti dip ain't gonna kill wraps. Sorry. You need an indoor paint both & commercial sprayer...again...NOPE.

HulkSmash

I see and understand all of it..... and stand behind ya on principle, but the 25 or 30 people here who say they won't buy from Feller's, Cheetah or whatever....... do you think over the 1,000's of sales a day they make in all 40 some locations, this amounts to more than a mouse p!ssing in the ocean ??
That's why so many of these rants and showdowns don't really do anything. No one really cares, so Fellers is taking the market to a next level. There are so many industry changes, take-overs and change of focus, that it's hard to stay in your sweet spot and fight a losing battle when the world around you is just moving on, regardless of our rants and struggles.

The same thing happened when computers came on board in this business. Without computers, printers, scanners and software....... about 95% of the people here or around the world would not be in the sign business. Printing companies, offset and screen printing.... yes, but they simply couldn't...... not because of lack of talent or money, but there'd be no interest. It would be too much work, so they'd sell tanning beds or shoes. Progress comes and hits us square in the face and while it's hard to swallow, you hafta stay up with it or it will just pass you by.

Come on Gino - We have some history with industry changing stuff through this website.

3M - original wraps. Mega thread created here - They've now shut the program down
Fellers and Montroy with pricing on website for public - Mega Threat created - Prices taken down
Avery called out on their garbage material - They fixed problems.

few examples that stick out to me.

So yes, I do think they care

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Fellers is our 'last resort' for any cut vinyl we can't find anywhere else, and that's about it. Oh, and for PCR pad refills.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I have been emailing back and forth with Fellers and they can't seem to understand why I am made about Cheetah Wrap.

"The focus of my anger is the roll of 3M Satin Pearl White that cost me $643.75 wholesale a month ago while cheetah wraps list it as $551.25. That is almost a 15% or $92.50 screwing by the same owner and Fellers is supposed to be wholesale and cheetah wraps is retail."

If Cheetah Wrap can sell it for that price why isn't Fellers list price the same or less?

MikePro

you'll always get great pricing, if you ask for it.
all of my suppliers, midwest included, will meet or beat fellers' quoted prices.... not just catalog.

...and apparently when Frank doesn't cash your check in a timely manner, they send you to collections with an attached 40% fee and give you the "not my problem" customer service-line, before cashing your check anyways.

TXFB.INS

you'll always get great pricing, if you ask for it.
all of my suppliers, midwest included, will meet or beat fellers' quoted prices.... not just catalog.

...and apparently when Frank doesn't cash your check in a timely manner, they send you to collections with an attached 40% fee and give you the "not my problem" customer service-line, before cashing your check anyways.

yes, we have been changing over to Grimco especially now that Grimco carries Oracal. and they have improved the numbers from what we were paying

our Fellers rep, when they would actually contact / come to the shop, tried to set us up on net terms and we refused. as we have heard issues with their accounting and prefer to use Credit Cards as they offer security and easy tracking

Bosh

Just my rant..[/QUOTE]

Have you seen a plastidipped car? Disgusting. Rubber cement garbage. Fragile. I have a regular color change customer who drove cross-country to get a "new-special" plastidip color shift job, and showed up asking if I could seal the edges with vinyl because it was coming off after a week. Oh, and it can't really be washed, or touched. That car (brand new Corvette) is now (properly and proudly) WRAPPED.