• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fellers platinum packages

tanneji

I like accent wraps much much better ... and yeah if you can wrap a bumper you can wrap a panel van. It's not a 1 to 1 translation but you at least are familiar with the idea behind it. Lots o work but if you are confident do it up!

joeshaul

Accent Signage are the individuals who own the patent on Raster Braille, might be what's triggering the "accent wraps" familiarity in your head.

Brandon708

i don't see why all these people are asking if he has designers and the skills to do the wraps. He asked if the package was a good deal not if he was qualified to all your standerds to get into the sign business.

IMO Fellers seems like a quick and easy way to get everything you need but I think its priced a little high and you are getting alot of stuff you don't really need. Like others have said try to get it as you can afford it. If you can afford getting the package and don't want the hassel of finding better deals then get the platinum package. I would try to get it for less though.

Mosh

He asked if the package was a good deal not if he was qualified to all your standerds to get into the sign business.

To get into the wrap business you have to get past us first!!!! LOL

MafiaWraps

then let me ask, about how much jack would i need to get going for all three pieces and some software, just a ballpark figure

luggnut

i don't see why all these people are asking if he has designers and the skills to do the wraps. He asked if the package was a good deal not if he was qualified to all your standerds to get into the sign business.

i think most are trying to make sure the OP understands what the he is getting into before spending 56k. some of the sales pitches by signwarehouse and fellers make it sound like if you buy this your good to go.. . and then people find out designing and installing a wrap is not that easy. so i think they are trying to help...

Circleville Signs

then let me ask, about how much jack would i need to get going for all three pieces and some software, just a ballpark figure

I answered your question above - you must not have seen it.

We got our Mutoh 1304, RS 55" cold laminator, and Graphtec FC8000 plus about $2k worth of media and a $1500 "in-store" credit from Advantage for around $26k.

wrapman jamz

Treat wraps like a risky investment in the Stock Market.

Great return on the IPO, but falls off due to lack of a rigid set of controls.

Remember ROI...gotta pay for it whether you sell something or not.

Use the competent print providers of the product, spend the money on the best product available, get proper training for installs and all the issues related to failures, price competively and line up at least 6 months worth of orders before you buy the first piece of equipment. If you can't do that...stick with tinting, clear bras and graphics.

If you buy a package, plan on it sitting, cycling and running thru inks for a while.

Like anything, its not just BOOM and your off! These printers need to run constantly, be maintained and repaired or upgraded on a regular basis and the media
/ inks have a shelf life.

I could go on and on and on.

Sub first, buy as needed

Mosh

$20K printer, $7K laminator, $2K software, $5K materials. Be a good start.

A printer needs to be used everyday or it is not worth the investment. Not a part-time deal.

MafiaWraps

I answered your question above - you must not have seen it.

We got our Mutoh 1304, RS 55" cold laminator, and Graphtec FC8000 plus about $2k worth of media and a $1500 "in-store" credit from Advantage for around $26k.

May i ask what you have wrapped up in software at the beginning???

signage

MafiaWraps welcome to the forums from PA....

Now you say people are asking you for wraps what do you think you could do a wrap for?
I would do what most here are telling you to do, have someone do the printing for you! If you buy a printer there is a lot more to it than just getting your designer to design the wrap, running the graphics through the rip software printing, laminating cutting and applying! If the designers design doesn't print like it looks on the screen who is going to know what caused it! Who will be able to correct it?
JMHO

Circleville Signs

May i ask what you have wrapped up in software at the beginning???

We use Adobe CS2. I tried both CS3 and CS4, and hate them both. So, there ya go. When I bought CS2 (The whole kit and kaboodle, with the Macromedia Studio 8 bundle as well), it was $2800.

If you go with a Mutoh, it comes with a Flexi RIP, which does a pretty good job. If you REALLY want to get into the good parts of RIP and color management though, I'd suggest Wasatch.

Hope that answered the question. Long story short, I'd advise you to plan on spending at least $30k total to get started if you are buying new equipment. If you are buying used, you can get by around $20 or so.

Gary

Mosh

What do you mean not look like on the screen? Don't you just download a jpeg off the interweb-superhighway and it prints out just like it looks on the screen. Right?

MafiaWraps

I make a very healthy living tinting windows, I just want to spread out a little and and get creative. After 23 years tinting, i still smile as I watch every client pull out of my shop. I find it a challenge working with wraps, and I'm confident in my skills. Most installs in my area arent worth a shit. no pride whatsoever. I have a good designer and my installs I believe I can make a go. Ive been around long enough and im not shooting my mouth of whatsoever because i know its not gonna be an overnight success, but it will become successful. Thats a given. Any advice as to where to shop other then fellers? i have spoken to beacon and another. any advice is appreciated, thanks

quicksigns

Wrapping vehicle is actually easier then tinting window, imo. wrap material give you more chance to mess with versus tint material, once there is a crease in it, it ruin the tint. yea, dont buy "the package" its a rip-off. give me 56k and I'll put together "the package" for you and we'll both be happy:Big Laugh

schurms

If you need a designer and can't design yourself that's a bit of a handy cap , not a big deal. So if your waiting for a designer then jobbing out your wraps would be my suggestion. You dont need all that equipment to sell wraps. Get your feet wet first . There are alot of sign shops going under.........lots of good cheap used equipment out there.
Your margins on wraps will be pretty slim compared to what your into now.

Have you done any market studies on the wrap market ?
Bruce

signage

Mafia I'm not saying you can not do it! I am trying to tell you to get the guy to do the designs, get someone else to print and laminate it and you install it!

If you find yourself doing many of these and having problems with the vendor supplying them or you just want to do it all in house then do it! But at this time and this economy I would not invest that kind of money in equipment and supplies in something you have no experience in and hoping to be able to earn enough to pay for it at a minimum!