• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feller's "Pop-Up" retractable banner profile for HP Designjet L25500

Hi Guys - Here's a rather silly question but we have a rush job that needs to be printed on retractable banner material, but we just switched from a solvent printer to a latex printer and unfortunately bought the wrong roll from Feller's. Their 10 mil Pop-Up material is not latex compatible but it is very expensive and we want to use it if at all possible. (Their POS PRO product is latex compatible but we failed to notice that change when ordering the new roll).

Here's the problem: I can't find an ICC profile for SAi Flexi 12 and an HP Designjet L25500, nor can I find the profile for the POS PRO material with the same specifications. I found some evidence on these forums that some people have gotten a good working profile for this machine and RIP and have PM'd the aforementioned users but I wanted to ask the hive mind as well to see if anyone has a quick answer to this problem.

Thank you in advance for reading - Lisa at Rapid Sign Systems

Thank you, but...

Thank you, but we have tried that and when I input the POS PRO 200, the HP Designjet L25500, and SAi Flexi, it tells me that there are no results for my search. I also called Feller's and spoke to a customer service rep and they told me that there was no such profile for my RIP and printer. I was just wondering if someone on the forums here had an alternative I hadn't heard of yet. I have searched far and wide! :)

From the Fellers website: For recommendations for profile, we suggest the profile for POS PRO 200 on Intelicoat's website. http://www.magicinkjet.com/icc-profile-search.html

IT's not made for your product you would have to recreate one for yourself. Just because there is a profile doesn't mean it's for your printer or RIP. Usually they tell you it's compatible, untested, or incompatible. If they are saying it's incompatible it's been tested and it's probably for a good reason that they are telling you they don't work together. Untested stuff is just hit or mis. It might work it might not they just don't know yet.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
choose any banner profile and give it a shot..

i hardly ever use the profile that fits the material, just pick one and see how it works.

more than likely no profile will work though, if they list it as not latex compatible, it probably is for a reason.....

Snydo

I have had success using HP's Photorealistic Poster Paper profile, 18 pass UNI at lower temps. Slow printing but looks nice.