• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers Sansuy Sanlux Super Smooth Scrim Banner

jr_tech

Hi,

I took a chance on this material, as I had a job that needed to be done ASAP and had not great results. I used the Avery 13oz Saturn profile in Onyx. Printed at 720dpi.

Anybody ever heard of this brand or have experiences with it? It looks like it is from Brazil.

My reds looked a little fuzzy. Head height was middle on my Falcon II Outdoor. I wonder if it should have been low? Risky on banner material I think.

Thanks.

-JR

P

ProWraps™

ive never lowered my head for anything. for some reason for us, it makes no difference. the only thing that happens is when we put it down, one of the sides catches on the slider and doesnt come down resulting in misalignment. 3 hours later and heads, dampers and lines out, just to realize it only took a screw driver to pop it back up, needless to say i wasnt happy. i also asked some others about head height and they said they left theirs up on their falcons as well because they couldnt notice a difference. what was your rear heater set at?

Jack Knight1979

I used to use it when it was in a 74. I had problems is plasticizer migration and stopped using it. I've had great luck with UltraFlex.

jr_tech

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. My heater was set at something like 40/35/38/45. It is whatever is default for that 13oz Saturn profile.

Jack, what do you mean by 74? What is plasticizer migration? I'm not familiar with that term. Ultraflex is good, but my client wanted a super smooth material. I tried to use Solvent Paper but they were concerned about it tearing, hence the use of this Super Smooth Scrim Banner material.

Does anybody know of another brand of Super Smooth Scrim Banner material that works well? Thanks.

-JR

Matt Cuellar

Arlon DPF 304 14 oz Smooth Scrim Banner is VERY nice! Doesn't curl, great white point for awesome color and imaging, very easy to finish. Good stuff!

jr_tech

Low head height

Hi all,

Well, I tried this again using the "low head height" option and it made a world of difference. Everything was clear and sharp and there was no sign of the "ghosting" effect that I saw before when I ran the material at medium head height. I did get a black smudge on part of the print, but that may just mean I need to clean the heads with the swabs. It's been a little while since I've done that.

My opinion on this media is a little better now.