• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

few probs need help re rockhopper1

callan

ok hi sorry my first post is for help but i guess thats always the way .

i have a gerber spandex jetster46 apparently a re named rockhopper 1 amongst other things im told

i have digital print vinyl a mactac made vinyl jt5829 i think and using flexisign 8.1 print cut rip thingy

now i print out my pictureon vinyl and it has like channels if u can image a ploughed field and lines through print were the ink isnt covering the vinyl i hadenginneer out yesterday he has set new capping station ne w dampers new heads new ink and new pump and im still getting the print problems

the heaters i have set both to 50 the max
the front burns ur fingers and the one under the head is warm
had enginnner check them he says they both working fine i said how can it be if ones warm and othe ris hot when there meant to both be set at 50 he says its just the way as the fixer one is faceing theback of printer and front is facing up ect

does any one haveany ideas why it wont print a picture with out lines in it

QCman

This is called banding.
1. Turn down the heat for the platen to 40 +-. this opens up the pores in the materal for the ink. front heater is to dry the ink. you will need to do a test print. You can play with the heat settings based on the material. do you have the banding on the built ion test print? if so it could be print head.