• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fibre under the print head

larcx

i have a valuejet 48" and i have been printing a bit of canvas lately. there seems to be some fiber stuck under the print head which is really hard to reach. just wonder if anyone encounter this and how did you solved this problem.

Print-Kwik

I have this problem also. To clean it, I place a lint free cloth wet with solvent on the parking station, then park the head for several minutes. Then remove the cloth, use a swab to wipe away what you can.

Don't know if this is the best solution, but it helps me...

GK

If you cant get it with a swab dabbed with solvent, try running a section of vinyl under it with the liner removed, we have grabbed all kinds of scrim fibers this way, our tech who set it up showed us this, works well.

Clever, I never heard of the vinyl trick! I'll used a pair of long nosed tweezers veeerrrry carefully to get the last fiber that was stuck on my print head. Sometimes cleaning it as recomended does't get stubborn fibers. I'll try the vinyl next time and see how that works!

novedist

To avoid the strands of fiber I take a torch and just wave it across the end of the roll of scrim banner and burn off all the strands. Don't hold it there to burn the banner material.