• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File conversion - Flexi to AI or EPS

NFRYNUF

Hey all,

New to the forum and new to the sign industry so please let me know if this should be in a different forum. I recently purchased a Graphtech ce5000-60 and using Illustrator CS2 with Master Cutter program sending files to the cutter. I use this machine for my R/C car painting business, making masks as well as outside graphics. I'm loving this machine as well as learning the program. :rock-n-roll:

Here's my delima... I have been painting for over 20 years now, but I have always had someone else doing the vinyl work for me. This gentleman recently had to close shop and before I could buy his set-up he sold out... But he kept all his files. He graciously let me have his files after hearing I bought my own set up, but all of his files are Flexisign files. Illustrator nor Master Cutter will open these files. Is there a converter out there that can convert these files easily, or would I need to find someone with Flexi and willing to convert each of these files (32 MB of files)??? Let me know any suggestions or if anyone would be willing to help me out at all...

Thank you in advance for any and all help!!! :thankyou:

Denny Andrews
gotpaint93@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes you will need to open in Flexi and export in EPS. You will also need to have the same font installed that each file uses and which has not been converted to outlines. Your best bet is going to be purchasing a used copy of FlexiSign.

NFRYNUF

Thank you Fred... I have been looking for the flexi software, just very expensive and beyond my available expenses at this time. Was hoping for help or another way of doing it in the mean time... :help

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you Fred... I have been looking for the flexi software, just very expensive and beyond my available expenses at this time. Was hoping for help or another way of doing it in the mean time... :help

Help, to do it correctly, unless the original guy was in the habit of always converting his fonts to outlines, would run into the dozens of man hours. If the correct fonts are not installed for each font in a file, then you have to cancel the opening of the file and install them. Otherwise, the fonts will get substituted and the job will not look the same.

By the time you pay someone any sort of a fair rate to convert them for you, you will probably spend more than a copy of Flexi. What you need to find out also, is what version and series of Flexi the guy used. That would help you in looking for a used copy of the software. You will need at least the same or higher series and version.

The other advantage will be that opening them in Flexi will allow you to edit any text in a job. Once they are converted to EPS you will lose that ability.

NFRYNUF

I am pretty sure he did make outlines of the text each and every time, as he explained to me to do the same thing as I am learning the program. But I do understand what you are talking about as time for the individule to do such a task... I will start saving my pennies... :thankyou: