• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File conversion problem - Omega 2.1

Dropout

Good afternoon everyone.

I need to make a sign on my router and am having trouble importing and converting a file. The customer has eps, tif and pdf files but nothing else.

I can import some of them (I forget exactly which) but I end up with a rectangle with text in it that I'm sure I could print but I can't figure out how to separate the letters and drawings to be able to cut them on the router.

Am I missing something basic?

Dropout

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Files I get in EPS quite often are nothing more than a bitmap image on an Illustrator page. If you enter Control Y in Illustrator and you have nothing but an empty box, then the file has no vectors for you to work with. If you don't have Illustrator or CorelDRAW and are trying to work with customer files with just Omega 2.1, you should rethink that strategy.

If that is the case, send me the EPS file and I will open it in Illustrator for a more informed report.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The file is just an image on an Illustrator page. No vectors. i have emailed you an autotrace done in Illustrator but would recommend that you have it vectorized by The Vector Doctor.