• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File Conversion Question?!?

CarolinaCabinet

I have many old .CDL files that were designed in SignLab... I have these files but I havent used SignLab in a long time and do not have the software anymore.... Now I use Adobe, or Flexi, and they will not open CDL files... Any free way of converting these to EPS or PDF or something I can open with Adobe or FLexi without buying SignLab? Thanks for suggestions.

gabagoo

When you say you don't have the software anymore, I don't understand how that can be. Where did it go?

CDL files are propriatary to SignLab and can't from my understanding be opened without SignLab, so if they are important to you...buy a low level basic SignLab package.

CarolinaCabinet

No, I'm not trying to steal, which I can tell is what youre thinking.... I use to work at a place years ago with SignLab while I was in college and after work hours my boss let me stay and do some personal artwork and I played around with different logos and designs... now I am not in contact with him anymore, have moved on and never use signlab anymore, I just wanted my old personal files converted... nothing sneaky.

gabagoo

No, I'm not trying to steal, which I can tell is what youre thinking.... I use to work at a place years ago with SignLab while I was in college and after work hours my boss let me stay and do some personal artwork and I played around with different logos and designs... now I am not in contact with him anymore, have moved on and never use signlab anymore, I just wanted my old personal files converted... nothing sneaky.

I never implied sneaky, but now that you mention it, it sounds strange that you would have files with no software. It's the way you asked that would arouse suspicion.
I would suggest that you find someone local with SignLab and ask them what they would charge to open them and resave them as eps files or ai files, but if you do find a way to convert them I would love to know how it was done.