Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File COnversion

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by captainron19, Jun 9, 2005.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Well I just got my first vinyl cutter and very exciting as I am hooking it up now. I want to make a decal for a window of a maltese cross (fire department symbol) A firend of mine who has a cutter has the perfect design he is going to send me to try out but he states it is in .SM format (He uses Sign Mate).

I am using Corel Draw 12 for graphic design. He said he is unable to convert to anything other than a .SM file extension. He is going to try to convert it to a .EPS so I can import it into Corel Draw but doesnt think he can do it. Does anyone here have a way of converting a .SM to a .EPS?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Tell your friend to click on Export instead of Save or Save As. He will then have the option of selecting AI-EPS as the export format. Also tell him to make sure that any text has been converted to outlines.