• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File is not printing the same color as yesterday!!!

SignsNowOH

We're doing a partial wrap on a vehicle and I was only able to get it half printed yesterday. I went to run the other half today and the blue (which is supposed to be like a royal blue) is now a dark navy blue. I didn't change anything in the file at all. In fact I left the panel setup open in the rip last night. We do have a magenta head that is ready to go at any time if it helps with troubleshooting (boss is too cheap to buy another one right now). Can anyone explain why it is doing this?

jay*doc

Did you do a nozzle check. If you think the magenta is going, no magenta would cause a big swing in color!

luggnut

ink jets can be finicky with color but a large color swing like you are describing would have to be ink starvation, cross contamination, clogged nozzles. i have a problems with cross contamination when the head wasn't seating well on the capping station, but it only effected color for the first few inches or a foot of the print (still really sucked) .

and on my falcon when ink is really low in one cartridge it pulls ink from the other beside it and really messes things up color wise.

Typestries

Finally, someone else having this issue! Lemme guess, production house or postershop? Have had this happen on both app on 2 totally different comps one with vista one with XP. Both apps up to date with onyx update. The profiles somehow become corrupted! Try reinstalling your printer from the printinst backup file you should have (you do have a backup, right?).

Every time this has happened, reinstalling has fixed the issue, pointing to a corrupted profile. I have not taken the time to look specifically where in the profile, eg linearization table or whatever.

Good luck this is extremely aggravating. HOpefully this helps!