• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File not printing as seen on screen! Can't rasterize PDF! - help!

I've got a client who has sent me several different versions of a banner we're trying to print. My printer says when he opens the file the shadow is printing as a large gray box. When I open the file in Illustrator it looks just as the jpg that we're trying to replicate. Though when I open the pdf in corel the gray box that is coming out on the printer is visable. What is the deal? I tryed to rasterize the file full size 300dpi in illustrator but it says its too big at 72"x22"

Does anybody have any advise tips or tricks to get this to print the way my client needs it?

Please and thank you!!

T

Attachments

• cvbba banner_web.jpg
    cvbba banner_web.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 91

Chuck Olson

That "big gray box" indicates that the file has a live transparency in it (that drop shadow). Flatten the transparency and all will be fine.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Is the green a SPOT color? If it is make it CMYK.. If that dosent work tell your printer to change the rendering intents so Vector and Bitmap data are the same..

livoniasigns

Have you tried just dropping the pdf in your rip program, and printing from there instead of opening it in your program and printing it?