• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File Problems

alanzhao

I got a lot of customres sending me bunch of graphics and ask me to cut them, but they don't expect to pay for the redesign fee. So I guess you gotta make sure they will pay everything before you sending the files to VectorDoc.

Shovelhead

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................

first rule of thumb...............INTERNET IMAGES ARE NOT PRODUCTION-READY!

Cadmn

depending on the type of file but normally an internet graphic file will be a low resolution Jpeg or tiff which will not be of good enough quality to use so ya got the choice of getting a good vetor from the client or getting client to pay for redraw. Both will probably take some extra training of your customer on your part, good luck

Michael Knight

What do you guys Autotrace in? I use it in Corel Draw X3 from time to time, the only thing is, it has to be a really high quality image for it work worth a flip. I usually have to manually trace things.
I hate having to explain to someone the difference between vector art and bitmap/image art.
Also, if they give me a logo that's been photoshopped, airbrushed, etc.... and they want regular vinyl cut for it, those are usually challenges.
Hey, I'm new here (saw the site plug in a magazine)...
I'm not sure if it's been posted here previously or not, but there is a site out there with free corporate logos, and then some other general logo's (eps, ai vector files)- www.brandsoftheworld.com - Thought I'd post for those who aren't familiar with it, comes in handy. See you guys around the boards, this is my kind of place, surprised I'm just now finding out about it!!!! Take care!

Dwelltime

We bought "Corporate trademarks and Logos" from OCA Enterprises in 1998 (and upgraded in 2001). They have 4000 - 5000 versions of corporate logos already vectorized. Cost about $150.00 if I remember correctly. Purchase includes a vectorizing service which I have never used. We have used their basic logos a lot.