Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Problems

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Nelson Newbie, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Nelson Newbie

Nelson Newbie Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Hi. A customer gave me his logo from his website. How do I get it to cut in vinyl?

Tags:
  2. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    drop it in your sign program and autotrace it. Or tell him you need it in vector.

3. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
  4. alanzhao

alanzhao Member

Mar 5, 2006
    I got a lot of customres sending me bunch of graphics and ask me to cut them, but they don't expect to pay for the redesign fee. So I guess you gotta make sure they will pay everything before you sending the files to VectorDoc.

5. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................

first rule of thumb...............INTERNET IMAGES ARE NOT PRODUCTION-READY!

6. Bradster941

Bradster941 Very Active Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Yes, it's called getting at least a 50% Deposit.

7. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Newbie Forum:thumb:

8. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    depending on the type of file but normally an internet graphic file will be a low resolution Jpeg or tiff which will not be of good enough quality to use so ya got the choice of getting a good vetor from the client or getting client to pay for redraw. Both will probably take some extra training of your customer on your part, good luck

9. Michael Knight

Michael Knight New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    What do you guys Autotrace in? I use it in Corel Draw X3 from time to time, the only thing is, it has to be a really high quality image for it work worth a flip. I usually have to manually trace things.
    I hate having to explain to someone the difference between vector art and bitmap/image art.
    Also, if they give me a logo that's been photoshopped, airbrushed, etc.... and they want regular vinyl cut for it, those are usually challenges.
    Hey, I'm new here (saw the site plug in a magazine)...
    I'm not sure if it's been posted here previously or not, but there is a site out there with free corporate logos, and then some other general logo's (eps, ai vector files)- www.brandsoftheworld.com - Thought I'd post for those who aren't familiar with it, comes in handy. See you guys around the boards, this is my kind of place, surprised I'm just now finding out about it!!!! Take care!

10. Dwelltime

Dwelltime New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    We bought "Corporate trademarks and Logos" from OCA Enterprises in 1998 (and upgraded in 2001). They have 4000 - 5000 versions of corporate logos already vectorized. Cost about $150.00 if I remember correctly. Purchase includes a vectorizing service which I have never used. We have used their basic logos a lot.

11. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I trace in Corel X3 and SignLab. SignLab cleans up the image fast. They have very good node tools.