• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

file question

Marlene

I know very little about embroidery and have a question about files. if I provide an .eps file for a customer, the person who does embroidery uses that to make a file for their use, is that correct? is an .eps what is needed or do I provide a different type of file for my customer?

thanks

WildWestDesigns

I know very little about embroidery and have a question about files. if I provide an .eps file for a customer, the person who does embroidery uses that to make a file for their use, is that correct? is an .eps what is needed or do I provide a different type of file for my customer?

thanks

EPS 3 or 8 would be the best. If there are gradients or other special effects, then might want to send a high res jpg along with it. I like to digitize at 6:1, so EPS is great for that, but digitizing programs aren't always the best with handling vector effects.

Technically, any file format of any good quality should be able to be digitized from, if they manually digitize (think of what Vector Doctor does with regard to vectors, just in regard to embroidery). Now if they do any type of auto converting, then it depends on the program that they use. Not something that I personally would advocate, but I digress.

Bare in mind, regardless of what file format you send, there are still machine production concerns that may affect what can or can't be done in embroidery. Machines have min and max values (especially when using satin stitching) that have to be observed, otherwise, it can look really bad.