Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Search

Discussion in 'General Software' started by OlsonSigns601, Aug 30, 2012.

1. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Hey guys & gals, I'm Looking for software that can find a file on a computer and search by create date.

Everything I have only allows search by modified date.

I know it was put on my server on July 27th, and it was several .jpg images. Customer had a flash drive, I know I copied the pictures, just don't remember where I put them. Need to do a search for the day they came in and I transferred the files.

Please don't search Google and give me the first link that pops up, if you don't use software like that or know what I'm talking about, please don't reply.

I'm looking for one that someone uses, isn't a virus, works and hopefully is free.

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Adobe Bridge is what I use for this type of stuff. Should be free with your Adobe software purchase.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Most likely overkill but I like Google's Picasa.
    After install it will scan all your drives attached to the system and generate thumbnails for everything.
    When new files are copied they are added under "recent updates" without having to do anything.
    Lots of sort and search options too.

wayne k
    guam usa