• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File Search

OlsonSigns601

Hey guys & gals, I'm Looking for software that can find a file on a computer and search by create date.

Everything I have only allows search by modified date.

I know it was put on my server on July 27th, and it was several .jpg images. Customer had a flash drive, I know I copied the pictures, just don't remember where I put them. Need to do a search for the day they came in and I transferred the files.

Please don't search Google and give me the first link that pops up, if you don't use software like that or know what I'm talking about, please don't reply.

I'm looking for one that someone uses, isn't a virus, works and hopefully is free.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Most likely overkill but I like Google's Picasa.
After install it will scan all your drives attached to the system and generate thumbnails for everything.
When new files are copied they are added under "recent updates" without having to do anything.
Lots of sort and search options too.

wayne k
guam usa