• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File set up instructions

jbona

Hello,

The owners of my shop want me to come up with some sort of file set up instruction guide for die cutting to a Kongsberg XP. It seems to me that it is too much to expect customers/clients to do this, especially considering the many variables associated with it (substrate color, path complexity etc.) I would rather request the original art and set it up quickly myself so as to ensure a proper cut the first time. If anyone has any suggestions in this regard I'd greatly appreciate them. Thanks.

ddubia

I think you should do the set-up yourself. For the customer, give them instructions as to how to supply you a file you can work with.

Biker Scout

HAHA! First you have to explain what the difference between a vector and a raster image. It's not the customer's responsibility to know this stuff, that's why they hire a professional company to produce what they want. They pay for that service, you make money. Your owners by chance aren't Vista Print?

Think of it this way... this is part of your job that the owners want to remove the responsibility from you. Knowing how to do this is part of your job description, yes? This is like self check out... reducing the number of employees a company needs to pay by making the customer do the work.